Andy C pitchin' his records to 180bpm

thats just no fun, are they that scared of messing up??
Maybe some places have really bad monitors or something??
When i learnt to mix on CDs i only had DnB on pre-mixed compilations, it did my head in, your mixing away and the next tune comes in on the cd your trying to mix out of! If you want that kind of sound, learn to mix on 3 dex! Then we'll know your not blagging!

I dont agree that you should plan a set all the time, if your playing live then definatley not. But if your as big as Andy C you know what makes people go all mushy and you've probably got the branding to back you up if its not that great. (Can you honestly say you have heard an Andy C set you didnt appreciate)

I think you should know some tunes that go together, and sometimes where to cue to get that double drop, but also being able to throw something in and mash up the place is a mandatory skill all DJs have experienced at some point, if not regularly.

tc was court doing a rewind while his hands were up in the air then the crowd started to booo him

Were you actually there?

No offence mate but it sounds like Chinese Whispers to me. I remember the thread on DNBA and I don't remember there being anything said other than he was using pre-pitched CDs so he didn't have to beat-match.

Most djs plan there sets, its what there paid to do. If Andy didnt plan it then theyd be no way hed double drop every single track.

It's not impossible to constantly double drop without planning, just need to know cue points and be familiar with your records and have a lot of practice which im sure Andy has by know ... i think he probably has a load of mixes planned which he knows works with said tune and when he picks the tune up remembers doing another mix with it so it gets repeated usually to great effect, but i don't think he would plan the whole set, wouldn't have thought he needed to i'm sure.

Last edited:
Were you actually there?

No offence mate but it sounds like Chinese Whispers to me. I remember the thread on DNBA and I don't remember there being anything said other than he was using pre-pitched CDs so he didn't have to beat-match.

yeh i was there and i was booeing him along with most of the crowd fucker rewinded a track with his hands in the air
:mad:

It not impossible to constantly double drop without planning, just need to know cue points and be familiar with your records and have a lot of practice which im sure Andy has by know ... i think he probably has a load of mixes planned which he knows works with said tune and when he picks the tune up remembers doing another mix with it so it gets repeated usually to great effect, but i don't think he would plan the whole set, wouldn't have thought he needed to i'm sure.

exactly some tracks its easier to find than other the clips track pus pull

its on the second pull :evil:

I don't believe a real djs should have his set planned out beforehand. You might have a rough idea of what you want to drop and when. But if you've got a set exactly planned, you might as well record a CD and bung it in.

You're not there to pull off a seamless performance. You're there to get people dancing - you and the floor have to bounce off each other and get yourselves hyped. That means feeling the beats and the crowd and knowing that if you drop a certain record just now, you'll get respect all night long.

I cannot play properly if I don't have a crowd vibe. I fuck up quite with my beat matching sometimes but fuck it, people forget after the first 4 bars if you don't keep on repeating mistakes.

That said - practising mixes at home is important and there's no shame in knowing exactly how to mix two songs together as long as you can then use that combination fluidly during a night.

OMG!!

im probaly a bit late on this subject but TC and that rewind thing

shit i aint ever buying one of his tunes again

that is serious sacrilige what a fake

i dont like to post in forums but this really pissed me off

and NO NO NO

Andy C does not use pre pitched records

i have seen him play at least 30 -40 time in my life

i know i guy with skill when i see him

i have spent many an hour off my face watching his hand movement lol

peace

how can any1, who suposedly loves drum & bass, even question such a don!!!!!
hes at the topa his game 4 the simple reason that he is the dogs nuts!

It would be seriously shit if he did. It would be like finding out that the pin-up poster you have ooggled for years is actually a tranny.

But I think we all can gaver that he probably doesn't. Although I do invite Andy to set the record straight for all time sake, if he ever ponders across this page. Plus there is loadsa people which are rapping his cred cause they think this is the case.

And if he does, although I insticated; I would like to say that I go to the side of him just being a pure genius as apposed to cheatin'.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom