Andy C pitchin' his records to 180bpm

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
I have no opinion on this whatsover but I know it will make a good thread.

Rumours have been said that Andy C gets all the vinyl he plays pitched to 180bpm and repressed so that he doesn't have to beatmatch.

All I know is he plays tracks like Renegade - Terrorist and Omnitrio - Renegade Snares Foul play remix which have to pitched up about 16% to play with a recent track on 0% pitch, so when he mixes these tunes they must be repressed pitched up (as I have heard he only used vinyl) to play in a club. Do you think he would go all they way though, and do his whole collection?

Personally I doubt it but what do you think?

I'm pretty sure Andy C could pitch any two random records to the same speed within a couple of seconds of listening, even if he hadn't played the same records a thousand times before and didn't know the bpms and relative pitches by heart.

Any dj who plays for a living can beatmatch within seconds and Andy ain't any.

Haters will always think up some shit.

I've heard the same but like Dustek I think Andy can beatmatch just about any two recs w/in seconds. I've been mixing 1/4 of the time he has and not saying I could pick up anything and beatmatch w/in seconds, but anything in my rec box surely. Haters always trying to find something to bitch about!

He's a robot. A true mixing machine. I saw him @ herbal two weeks ago. He would mix, take the record off, put another on and pretty much would have it beat matched and volume up in mere seconds. A true legend and an inspiration for all djs.

it's bollox that he represses to match speeds, if it was true he'd have to make copies of all the labels on all the record that he plays. Far easier to beat match & mix at the speed of sound, like he does...

U don't become the No.1 DnB DJ for like, 10 yrs, by accident...

I know hiphop & scratch djs who can cue records on their 1st scratch of a new record without headphones...

I know other djs who can mix ANY 2 records of any genre together, by slowing stuff down & speeding stuff up to 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/3 speeds...

& have seen unknown djs arrive without their records cos of cockups, play someone else records, that they don't know and beatmatch every mix on records they've never heard b4...

I have heard rumours that Mr C plans his sets and knows exactly the order he's gonna play for each set...

But so what, if it sounds that good?

Last edited:
I have heard rumours that Mr C plans his sets and knows exactly the order he's gonna play for each set...

I'm shocked every time I hear that a dj does that. That's not something I'd do - but then again I need a couple of vodkas to get my tracks to flow. When they start flowing and I'm in the zone, its beatmatch, tease and drop records on instinct.

I'm shocked every time I hear that a dj does that. That's not something I'd do - but then again I need a couple of vodkas to get my tracks to flow. When they start flowing and I'm in the zone, its beatmatch, tease and drop records on instinct.

Teebee plans his sets

fuck me.. id be worried i can match a couple of dnb tunes together in a few seconds.. its not hard.. if andy is getting people to re-press all his tunes at 180.............. thats bollocks

being able to tune off the first snare and drop and time it wihtin 4 beatz. that..does not a good DJ make..

it's bollox that he represses to match speeds, if it was true he'd have to make copies of all the labels on all the record that he plays. Far easier to beat match & mix at the speed of sound, like he does...

U don't become the No.1 DnB DJ for like, 10 yrs, by accident...

I know hiphop & scratch djs who can cue records on their 1st scratch of a new record without headphones...

I know other djs who can mix ANY 2 records of any genre together, by slowing stuff down & speeding stuff up to 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/3 speeds...

& have seen unknown djs arrive without their records cos of cockups, play someone else records, that they don't know and beatmatch every mix on records they've never heard b4...

But so what, if it sounds that good?

all fakes wil fall at the end im still about turnatbles and vinyl ..no practice jus' spin'
all bout rah!

Thats Slander (or is it liable? i always forget which is which) but expect the merkiest men from merkdom to come an fookin merk you, for saying such fibs. :scally: :nutkick:

Its DJ Fresh pre-recording his double drops we've got to watch out for! :kermit:

this is most probz a lie anyway well i would be anoyed if this was any other dj but andy c is is a beat match king could probably do it with his eyes closed standing on one leg and one arm tied behind his back.

what we need to be more pissed of about is ppl like tc who was caught red handed at dnb areana 10th birthday playing premixed cds at minstry of sound no that sickens me

what we need to be more pissed of about is ppl like tc who was caught red handed at dnb areana 10th birthday playing premixed cds at minstry of sound no that sickens me
Is that true?

Is there a thread on the arena about it?

Is that true?

Is there a thread on the arena about it?

I was thinking that too...

Cos the chances of anyone getting away with playing pre-mixed cd and pretending they were spinning is pretty much impossible...

There's always so many ppl around every DJ box, watching what they're playing and how they're playing...

& why would a big name risk it after years working to get into the biz?

lol How did TC get caught 'red handed'? Did some gurning mess climb into the booth to expose him? I think you'll find he was playing pre-pitched CDs and that's what the furore was about.

Anyway I heard Andy doesn't even mix, he puts on nightlife and just pretends. :slayer:

Back
Top Bottom