Andy C overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason881

i think alot of people just jump on the bandwagon when it comes to him his mixing is tight put im not always a fan of his tune selction.

personally i think randall is the best dj by far

Andy C is definitely not overrated.
He's an extremely talented and geeza and an astute business man.
Randall was a favourite of mine back when myself and Andy C used to go to AWOL in the teenage years many moons ago....since Randall took a long break from the scene for personal reasons people like Andy C have worked hard and earned the number 1 spot through his DJ/Production skills. He has also been consistant year in year out in winning award.
I've been in the scene for over 15 years so i'm not taking anything away from Randall as his mixing has always been as tight as a ducks arse and i've heard him play over 100 times and the majority have been great sets.
Andy just seems to be unstoppable....

Definately not imo, the man is so far out infront of the other dnb dj's its ridiculous. No one comes near what he can do, especially in drum n bass. people who listen to cds of one nations etc n go and see him at rubbish clubs with bad sound systems n judge him is stupid, go see him at fabric or the end n then u will no what he is all about. his pitch chasing is so so fast, hes near enough allways locked, his eqing is one of the best out there, even though he jus mainly uses the filters. i think he is one of the best djs in the world over all genres of dance music. say if u asked him to play trance or house, he would be able to mix that too, but could the likes of tiesto be able to rinse out dnb. i dont think so. Big up the C, cant wait til 3 hours next friday at fabbers, gonna be awesome.

i'd agree with that really.
andy's a bad man. sometimes on bigger stages/raves his tune selection can be a little washy [iu]sometimes[/i]. but when you see him in his element down the end, or fabric even he always smashes 100% of the time.
best dj by far, no one locks in like he does.

He's the don, underated if anything (I mean compared to other DJ's in other genres) dosn't get no-where near as much respect for his skills as he deserves (outside the scene)

Andy c was my fav dj n for a while my fav producer from around 96-2000. (Legend in the world of dnb) Some of the sets n mix tapes i heard/had from him back then were off the hook! He was original in his set laydown n his mix was always tight! he wasnt afraid to play what he wanted uno ? ......renegade hardware 2 full cycle 2 dillinjah 2 ram n liftin spirits 2 optical n edd !!! On n on...But for me Randall has ALWAYS been like that n thats from when i first started going out in 91...he was up here the other week n his set was fuckin A!!...different ..varied, leaving you wondering what tune he was gona drop next, no doubt Randall has had his problems,but its great 2 see him rise again..
I think Andy c changed his style to cater for the new generation of ravers,n along the way lost sum of the love of the older headz.....
For me Randall is the don!
I saw Andy c only a few times last year but on every occasion he was using cds n his sets were a bit robotic like....hes not even in my top 5 djs now. Cheers for the memories tho Andy C.

Andy c was my fav dj n for a while my fav producer from around 96-2000. (Legend in the world of dnb) Some of the sets n mix tapes i heard/had from him back then were off the hook! He was original in his set laydown n his mix was always tight! he wasnt afraid to play what he wanted uno ? ......renegade hardware 2 full cycle 2 dillinjah 2 ram n liftin spirits 2 optical n edd !!! On n on...But for me Randall has ALWAYS been like that n thats from when i first started going out in 91...he was up here the other week n his set was fuckin A!!...different ..varied, leaving you wondering what tune he was gona drop next, no doubt Randall has had his problems,but its great 2 see him rise again..
I think Andy c changed his style to cater for the new generation of ravers,n along the way lost sum of the love of the older headz.....
For me Randall is the don!
I saw Andy c only a few times last year but on every occasion he was using cds n his sets were a bit robotic like....hes not even in my top 5 djs now. Cheers for the memories tho Andy C.
Dude, Andy doesn't use CD's......he only cuts dubplates and plays vinyl. You could count the times on one hand he has played a CD and that exception would be if someone had finished a tune that day - sent it to him on aim - and didn't have time to go and get the tune cut. The only time i know is when Fresh & Pendulum finished a mix of Tarantula and he played that on CD. He totally supports the vinyl war that we all are trying deperately to hold on to. Unfortunatly, due to the high level of toxic fumes that get released into the atmosphere when they are pressed - they may not be here for a long time - which i hope never happens but hey...that's a whole different subject.

Dude, Andy doesn't use CD's......he only cuts dubplates and plays vinyl. You could count the times on one hand he has played a CD and that exception would be if someone had finished a tune that day - sent it to him on aim - and didn't have time to go and get the tune cut. The only time i know is when Fresh & Pendulum finished a mix of Tarantula and he played that on CD. He totally supports the vinyl war that we all are trying deperately to hold on to. Unfortunatly, due to the high level of toxic fumes that get released into the atmosphere when they are pressed - they may not be here for a long time - which i hope never happens but hey...that's a whole different subject.

Cool man,I didnt really need to add that at the end, i did only see him out 2-3 times last year and could have sworn he was using them... but its not really important. As i said in my previous post hes a legend! Hes a top class dj! What im saying is he just dont do it for me anymore, on a musical level.

ffs how many times is this gonna come up. i aint even gonna bother arguing my point coz some have defended him correctly. he is the best dnb dj ever to grace the scene and probably the best there's gonna be, go and watch him do a long set at a GOOD club. then re think your post mate. If I'm correct your the same guy that said that 'the people getting jacked in raves are ruining the scene'. pretty self explanitary really innit....you ant got a clue....

Cool man,I didnt really need to add that at the end, i did only see him out 2-3 times last year and could have sworn he was using them... but its not really important. As i said in my previous post hes a legend! Hes a top class dj! What im saying is he just dont do it for me anymore, on a musical level.

This is going to sound really stupid but I dont get how he doesnt do it for you anymore.
I can understand how some people think his tune selection can be similar from one week to the next when he is playing 45 minute sets at slammin jammin or random crapcets as he can only fit in so many tunes then but then see him for 2 hours or longer and he takes you on a journey through old school, jungle, the lot.
His mixing is spot on, the best out there. He mixes the freshest dubs with old classics. I dont think his sets are too predictable, you never know if a tease of alien girl is around the corner, or a drop of dirty fluid or a bit of babylon.

For me you have good mc's who are good in there own right, some really good dj's who smack it regulary. But Andy C is head and shoulders above em all.

no ones ever said this before on any forum / mods sticky it ! *original thread lets sticky it*

waits for next months installment of " do you think mampi swift can do a double drop quickier or about the same time as andyc" ........

who cares ?????? he plays music and gets paid well to do so ..... end off

This is going to sound really stupid but I dont get how he doesnt do it for you anymore.
I can understand how some people think his tune selection can be similar from one week to the next when he is playing 45 minute sets at slammin jammin or random crapcets as he can only fit in so many tunes then but then see him for 2 hours or longer and he takes you on a journey through old school, jungle, the lot.

That would fit the bill for a lot of DJs give Randall a 2h set n im sure as hell he would take u on a journey 2.......

His mixing is spot on, the best out there. He mixes the freshest dubs with old classics.I dont think his sets are too predictable, you never know if a tease of alien girl is around the corner, or a drop of dirty fluid or a bit of babylon.

That is predictable no??? you may not no when theyre cumin? but you no they are.....
Wana draw a line under this,have far to much respect for him and his place in dnb.....

Last edited:

That would fit the bill for a lot of DJs give Randall a 2h set n im sure as hell he would take u on a journey 2.......

His mixing is spot on, the best out there. He mixes the freshest dubs with old classics.I dont think his sets are too predictable, you never know if a tease of alien girl is around the corner, or a drop of dirty fluid or a bit of babylon.

That is predictable no??? you may not no when theyre cumin? but you no they are.....

If he didn't do teases I would be very disappointed. You know that a heavy double drop is coming cose its Andy C!

playaz at xmas i saw him use it for brazil. but i'm sure thats because they changed the intro up slightly.
i almost couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it.
but it's been the only time for sure.

:lol:
I wasn't having a go mate....:lol:

I'd agree with His tune selection lacks range from time to time - but to be honest Technically he pisses all over anyone else - I've got futage on my phone from a set He played in Brighton and His Cueing was rediculous - literally he wasn't even looking when he was dropping it in - cueing anywhere in the Bar is properly sick, but again the tune selection - always the same quick mixes - he's blantantly the best, other than Craze (only technically, Craze's tune selection is usually fairly pants) he's just getting bored as there is really no-one even close at the moment -

Uken :afro:

i think alot of people just jump on the bandwagon when it comes to him his mixing is tight put im not always a fan of his tune selction.

personally i think randall is the best dj by far

not overrated one bit, as someone earlier said you really need to see him at the end or somewhere like that (and normally when its not being recorded)when he is in his element, and from a personal perspective as a dj you then realise you are not in the same league :mrpanic:
badman..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom