Andy C overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fusion's bang on it - personally I don't think I will never be either, I really don't think He ever needs to push himself - as we've mentioned He's in a completely different league

not overrated one bit, as someone earlier said you really need to see him at the end or somewhere like that (and normally when its not being recorded)when he is in his element, and from a personal perspective as a dj you then realise you are not in the same league :mrpanic:
badman..

Andy is a true don! One of the best in scene and such a nice guy to chat to. Always seems happy, rather than other big names who turn up to a rave and have the moody screwface on.

Andy is sick, his tune selection is wide ranged, thats why some people might not like all his sets, he does something for eveyone. not overrated, where he deserves to be imo

i think alot of people just jump on the bandwagon when it comes to him his mixing is tight put im not always a fan of his tune selction.

personally i think randall is the best dj by far

andys track selection is quality because he tries to cater for everyone and get as many different styles as he can. as much as i love raving to grime like hazard etc.... you cant beat it when andys been rolling out some heavy tunes then drops an epic liquid track. they are the moments i always remember when raving. big up andy, still the main man

Andy C is not over rated at all, he doesn't get even 10% of the national & international recognition that he would get if he was part of another genre or that he deserves.
Technically he pisses all over everyone else.
His dedication to D&B is matched by no one else, he's out every weekend, all over the country.
His tune selection can be similar week to week but isn't all DJ's?! The same bad tunes are out so they're gunna get rinsed everywhere you go.
He has his own style as well.
I've seen him more times than any other DJ & I can safely say 100% that he is the best & I've seen alot of DJ's.
You do need to see him somewhere where's there's a decent soundsystem though & for a decent amount of time. (Fabric, the End, Air)
He is flawless.
As for this Cd thing, I've seen him 24+ times now & I never have so he can't do it often.
Andy C is a badaman.

How many threads can there b about andy c :shrugs: we all no he's the complet and utter don at mixing and producing FACT
so why start a thread saying hes under rated what a comlete load of shit anyone whos ever heard drum & bass will no andy c.

last year i seen him play live about six times. nye nec he was awful but two months before in west fest he was fuckin awsome. he played the cream in liverpool two weeks ago and was poo. but as a dj when he is on form the man is a badboy and can drop bombs on a crowd and lift the roof of. but i think its the tunes he plays other djz are just as good shy fx in chibuku shake shake not long ago where fuckin ace and bounced the crowd.

for one i never said mixing. and i have an opinion and its that andy c is a good dj but he is as good as the other djz at the events. years ago it was all about micky finn he was the andy c of the nineties. i have followed these djz all over world for fifteen years now i have my own nightclub in liverpool and go all over the country still. and my opinion still is the same. nye andy c was poo, chase and status where fantastic. west fest andy c was awsome. two weeks ago i seen him again and he was poo the week shy fx played they was as good as him. if you want to talk about a class prodcer, mixer and dj sorry but roni size is a far far beter than any around.

last year i seen him play live about six times. nye nec he was awful but two months before in west fest he was fuckin awsome. he played the cream in liverpool two weeks ago and was poo. but as a dj when he is on form the man is a badboy and can drop bombs on a crowd and lift the roof of. but i think its the tunes he plays other djz are just as good shy fx in chibuku shake shake not long ago where fuckin ace and bounced the crowd.

jus to add to what i said earlier n not having a go at u at all but a lot of people have stated it, go and see him at a good club with proper sound systems. The end and fabric have been mentioned stupid amounts of times, and for good reason. stuff like one nations etc where they set up sorta on the day kinda thing are useless, the monitors are horrible, y do u think hype walked off midway through his set before? because he couldnt hear the monitor, and im sure the c has the same problem at these crappy sounding places. not everyone can get to these places i understand, but until u go and see them all at these, u wont be able to c the gulf in class between him and everyone else. i mean he plays these places like he's in his bedroom or something.

mate i am with you when he is on form he is spot on. i just wish he was like that everytime i see him. but i would have thought the nec arena he would be class. one of my fav sets is andy c nye nec 05/06 he was shit hot. but last nye poor maybe he had an off day??? possibe. but back to it i dont think he is over rated. he drops bombs and has had me shouting bbbboooooooo.

peace.

muledam i though hype walked of cos he had a bash with the mc over a rewind???
the mc was fucking with his vinyl wanting rewinds,

this guy is just looking to start a fight again. i say we set fes on him*

im just saying what i feel. you gotta remember im going to alot more events inculding fabric, end and ministry than you old timers. maybe ive heard him to many times and week in week out and am just boared of him now.

for one i never said mixing. and i have an opinion and its that andy c is a good dj but he is as good as the other djz at the events. years ago it was all about micky finn he was the andy c of the nineties. i have followed these djz all over world for fifteen years now i have my own nightclub in liverpool and go all over the country still. and my opinion still is the same. nye andy c was poo, chase and status where fantastic. west fest andy c was awsome. two weeks ago i seen him again and he was poo the week shy fx played they was as good as him. if you want to talk about a class prodcer, mixer and dj sorry but roni size is a far far beter than any around.

with you on that roni size is a don

im just saying what i feel. you gotta remember im going to alot more events inculding fabric, end and ministry than you old timers. maybe ive heard him to many times and week in week out and am just boared of him now.

I disagree mate, I think your actually coming across as if you know fuck all about dnb at all mate.

To me Andy C aka the Executioner is Undoubtable one of the best Drum & bass Dj's to walk the earth lol. Ever sinse i started raving always looked forward to his set constantly checking my phone for the time!!!!! If ur in doubt with his skill check out his 4 hour sets at the end!!! Then you will see wat real mixing is!!! Safe

Not everyone will agree with me but for me when i get sent the latest CD pack from an event, i'll always take it in the car and put Andy C's set on 1st.....after that all the other sets in the pack are just average and i usually end up copying the Andy C disk and give the pack to a mate. You may be lucky enough to get maybe one other thats half decent.

i saw andy 3 times in 3 nights over one bank holiday and he killed it every night for me, that was years ago, but i don't see how you can get bored of the most creative mixer we have in the scene???

it sounds like you need to vary the kind of nights you go to. try renegade hardware next week and i promise you won't just hear the same twenty tracks in a different order in every dj's set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom