ANDY C or Dieselboy ???

j_boncha

Junglist of Paine
Painesville (East Side of Cleveland) Ohio USA
I am new to this board and I'm not sure if this has been talked about on here or not BUT...

I wanna know who people think THE ABSOLUTE BEST DNB DJ is.
I'm not gonna temper it by saying you should think about track selection, mixing style or any thing else.

Just pick a DJ.
If its not one of these two then so be it.

My choice has got to be ANDY C.

Josh B

j_boncha said:
I am new to this board and I'm not sure if this has been talked about on here or not BUT...

I wanna know who people think THE ABSOLUTE BEST DNB DJ is.
I'm not gonna temper it by saying you should think about track selection, mixing style or any thing else.

Just pick a DJ.
If its not one of these two then so be it.

My choice has got to be ANDY C.

Josh B
Yeah Andy C is definitely my favourite crowd pleaser, he sure knows how to kill a venue dead, and I'm going to see him play on Friday, yay :slayer:

I also rate a lot of the Hardware gang for their selections, Dylan, Keaton, Loxy, Raiden and co.

Damn, gotta love Friction and Zinc too (y) Too many good ones to choose from.

Yeah...you BRITS are so lucky because you see all these DJs on a regular basis.
I have only seen ONE UK DJ in the 8 years that I have been a fan of DNB.
That was ADAM F(AMAZING CHOON SELECTION !!!) and it was only a few months ago on May 27.

I am really considering taking a trip out to LONDON(from Cleveland Ohio) just for the weekend or maybe for a couple weeks just so I can get a feel for the LONDON DNB SCENE.

Josh B

j_boncha said:
Yeah...you BRITS are so lucky because you see all these DJs on a regular basis.
I have only seen ONE UK DJ in the 8 years that I have been a fan of DNB.
That was ADAM F(AMAZING CHOON SELECTION !!!) and it was only a few months ago on May 27.

I am really considering taking a trip out to LONDON(from Cleveland Ohio) just for the weekend or maybe for a couple weeks just so I can get a feel for the LONDON DNB SCENE.

Josh B
Fo' sure, you can see big names almost any night of the week in the UK (y)

Dieselboy has amazing beatmatching skills, but his mixes are so boring. He just kinda blends into the next song and never uses one to accentuate the other, or ever rides the mix out. BBOOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!!

Marky, Andy C, Zinc, and Friction i rate as being the top dogs when it comes to skills and all that. Clipz is a badass selector(all the FC dubs i reckon) and has the basic skills needed to be a proper dj so he's one of my personal favs. And any of the headz djs always hit with an ill selection as well (Bailey, Storm, Intalex, Goldie, etc.)

Last edited:
JimJapBap said:
Dieselboy has amazing beatmatching skills, but his mixes are so boring. He just kinda blends into the next song and never uses one to accentuate the other, or ever rides the mix out. BBOOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!!

Marky, Andy C, Zinc, and Friction i rate as being the top dogs when it comes to skills and all that. Clipz is a badass selector(all the FC dubs i reckon) and has the basic skills needed to be a proper dj so he's one of my personal favs. And any of the headz djs always hit with an ill selection as well (Bailey, Storm, Intalex, Goldie, etc.)
I'll agree with that.
I have an ANDY C set from the NIGHTLIFE 1 release party July 4 2003 and during that show him and DYNAMITE rip up the dancefloor.

I cant really get into the whole BEATMATCHING is interesting thing at all.
You gotta do SUM beatmatching in the mix because you dont wanna train wreck all over the place BUT there is also a lot to be said about quick mixing and volume of tracks put into a set.

Josh B

Fuck yes that set is legendary. Dynamites flow during house music VIP almost caused me a case of whiplash i was bouncing my head so hard. You should definately get his cd man, "This is bubble bass bruv, you better run for your money".

Last edited:
JimJapBap said:
Fuck yes that set is legendary. Dynamites flow during house music VIP almost caused me a case of whiplash i was bouncing my head so hard.
I know excatly what you're talking about.
Dynamite is one of my MC idols.
His FLOW fits so well into whatever the DJ is playing.
He sounds like he has absolutely no anxiety or nervousness when he steps to the mic.

I guess I'll get that feeling as well EVENTUALLY.

Josh B

Gotta be Zinc for me, he just has that little bit more versatility than Andy imo, although thats not to say that Andy isnt a fuckin don, cos he clearly is.

Never got into the Dieselboy thing. Sure he can mix but his selection just isn't my thing at all. Andy C seems to be heading down that road for me too.

I'm going with Bryan Gee Jack Frost and Ray keith. Not the most technical guys on the planet but they play the tunes I like, and no amount of mixing can really replace that.

See....I have seen every DJ that you can mention. (Big dogs at least....except HYPE....he can't come to the U.S. so I've heard.)
I would Have to say that ANDY C :dual: or ED RUSH (pre 2003) and FRICTION and ZINC top my list. Fresh has a GREAT Selection and Tunes that aren't even finished......FIERCE can RIP a floor to shreds 8O
Photek has one of the smoothest sets out there and HIVE can mix like no other.
AMERICANS like Dara, Hive, Dieselbnoy, AK1200, Freaky FLow, BASIC OPS......Kaos Karl K Jae Kennedy and MASON!!!!!!!! These are the US big dawgs...oh and Mathematics ain't too shabby as well!
Any one that can't keep me in the dance all night long is good for me.......CAN'T WAIT for Fierce and STORM on 8 Sept. @ FiVE in DC.....gonna be HUGE!

I've always loved mampi swift for mixin & selection, but recently he hasn't been as good. As most people have said, Andy C, Friction & Zinc are the dons at the mo. O... and Hype & Hazard can do a good jump up set.

tough1 that.... if i wanted 2 rave alnight long i would wanna hear Andy C
but if i wanted 2 jusn sit with my mates an chill 2 some nasty dark d&b then i would wanna ear dieselboy...he's a dark DARK man

Back
Top Bottom