Andy C & MC GQ

iamdjsimm

VIP Junglist
I don't really follow Andy C these days but noticed he wasn't with GQ at Glastonbury. Is their exclusive partnership no more?

Apologies if I'm behind the times on this one (I've only just read of Conrad leaving GLR)!

I've noticed GQ has been doing shows with Goldie and a few others recently and Andy has been touring with 2shy and armani reign. Their partnership obviously isn't exclusive. Was wicked to see GQ at sun and bass last year actually. He mc'd with SP at the exit night for dbridge and spectrasoul from what I can remember. Was sick!

I've noticed GQ has been doing shows with Goldie and a few others recently and Andy has been touring with 2shy and armani reign. Their partnership obviously isn't exclusive. Was wicked to see GQ at sun and bass last year actually. He mc'd with SP at the exit night for dbridge and spectrasoul from what I can remember. Was sick!

Ah right. I wasn't sure as a couple of years back I played a night that a local guy booked Andy C for and apparently to book Andy C he had to book GQ.

Probably depends where it is. In America I think they use armanni. Just up to the promoters right?

i dont think theres an exclusivity really, just a good combo and obviously chums. GQ wasnt at the 6 hour set either. and GQ mcs all about the place, often at critical nights

Glad to see, GQ has gotten worse every time I've seen him with Andy imo just lazy now repeating the same few lines ... no I will not get my back off the wall for the 100th time.

Seen him 5 times this year, three with GQ and 2 with IC3 and both times icy was on the mic I found it on the whole to be much better. He's good at getting the crowd amped but he dribbles some A-grade shit these days, can't tell you the last time I've heard him say some of his classics like 'its time to turn over the page for the next chapter' or 'mayday mayday mayday', he's just gotten very static in my opinion... my 2c! Then again haven't seen him MC with anyone else so dunno if he's different there.

Back
Top Bottom