Andy C interview

My brother is gay. I haven't been to a liquid night, so I really don't know if this is true, my brother told me that about half the people at a random liquid night are either gay or bisexual. Also, that the ones just into guys meet up and have orgies at random peoples houses. Is this accurate?
Completely. In fact, liquid drum and bass is the leading cause of aids worldwide.

My brother is gay. I haven't been to a liquid night, so I really don't know if this is true, my brother told me that about half the people at a random liquid night are either gay or bisexual. Also, that the ones just into guys meet up and have orgies at random peoples houses. Is this accurate?

I see 6 pages and I'm like "let's check out what's going on in this thread"

Then I read this.

I love this forum.

To be fair he hasn't just got where he is through natural ability he's worked fucking hard how many other people put as much effort as he does into his "job"

Nice to see an interview that doesn't start with what's it like to be a dj etc
geez man, trolling through all the dubs he gets sent and spending all week finding combo's and planning sets to play at huge shows all over the world - I think I could handle that

Exactly lol.

He must be raking it in at the moment.

Just shows you dont have to be a sell out c*nt to make money in dnb *cough* DJ FRESH *cough*.

Andy isn't close to Fresh yet, but he is leaning that way, especially with all the pop Ram puts out. 1 out of 5 songs is good from them.

I'm sure I've heard you say that before. We get it, the ram sound isn't to your taste.. Get over it

Everything ive heard recently from ram has been fine, not sure what you mean by pop? Examples?

Pretty much the whole Loadstar album minus Warrior and one other song that was on the extended version.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure I've heard you say that before. We get it, the ram sound isn't to your taste.. Get over it

My comment was relative to thread because someone mentioned pop. Speaking of Fresh, his boy Maldini just put out a killer ep on C4C today.

Andy isn't close to Fresh yet, but he is leaning that way, especially with all the pop Ram puts out. 1 out of 5 songs is good from them.

DC Breaks - Swag
Wilkinson - Take You Higher / Crunch
June Miller - Autumn To Ashes / Change
Gridlok & Prolix - Babylon
Chords - Biting Point / Amygdala
Hamilton - Overdrive
Loadstar - Warrior, Be There, Scorpio, Flight

All this year, all sick tunes.

Point being? You're talking shit. Basically...

DC Breaks - Swag
Wilkinson - Take You Higher / Crunch
June Miller - Autumn To Ashes / Change
Gridlok & Prolix - Babylon
Chords - Biting Point / Amygdala
Hamilton - Overdrive
Loadstar - Warrior, Be There, Scorpio, Flight

All this year, all sick tunes.

Point being? You're talking shit. Basically...

A lot of those songs have sappy vocals, so I don't count them. I do like the SWAG, Babylon, and Warrior out of those. Hamilton's Fuck it Up is good as well.

I think Ram are getting better with the releases for sure but I totally agree they have been putting out a lot of pop sounding tracks over the last couple of years

Wilkinson - Take You Higher is a prime example of a poppy sounding track im sure that's the one with the pop video too

Frankee - Black Heart is what im talking about there is no way you could class that as poppy. That for me is Ram!

Last edited:
every ProgRAM release has been large so I dont think anyone can criticise Andy or RAM atm. Not to mention big releases on the main label this year such as:
Swag
Be There
Flight
Lancelot
Warrior
Scorpio
Membrane
Crunch
From Autumn to Ashes
F**k It Up
Get Together
Overdrive
Perfect World
Shaman

Nice interview! Interesting what he said about One Scratch, absolute belter of a tune can't believe Wickaman doubted it.

Deep Space by Sub Focus was only made as tune for Andy to play when he first made it. It was only after people went nuts and Andy convinced him to finish it why it got released as Sub wasn't so sure at first

every ProgRAM release has been large so I dont think anyone can criticise Andy or RAM atm. Not to mention big releases on the main label this year such as:
Swag
Be There
Flight
Lancelot
Warrior
Scorpio
Membrane
Crunch
From Autumn to Ashes
F**k It Up
Get Together
Overdrive
Perfect World
Shaman

That new Wilkonson release is poppy as hell. What puts a lot of Ram songs into poppy for me is the vocals and maybe a coord or two. For me Ram stuff like Warrior and Fuck It UP is what I don't consider poppy.

Back
Top Bottom