Andy C ghost producer(s)?

Thisisaero

Saw this debate on the UKFdnb channel on his chase & status remix, firstly - what is a ghost producer? Is it someone that actually does ALL the work or just someone that produces the song once it's mixed/composed/made
secondly, has andy c got people doing this for him? I can't imagine he isn't making the tunes, but I'd be able to believe that people help him produce seeing as he tours constantly lol

To answer you question, it's all in the name. Someone who produces tunes but is never seen or in anyway publically associated with the track.

Does anyone really actually care?

No.

The guy is a prolific DJ. That's what he is known for.

not to mention having made some of the best jungle classics, had one of the first dnb instramental tracks in the top 40

ram triology, origin unknown. it's not like he doesn't know how to make a beat.. and killa beats at that

and the whole thing about being on tour constantly... its not like he can't start off a track on his laptop whilst he's going from gig to gig...

not to mention having made some of the best jungle classics, had one of the first dnb instramental tracks in the top 40

ram triology, origin unknown. it's not like he doesn't know how to make a beat.. and killa beats at that
Definitely the above. He was originally known more as a producer than a DJ.

His name appears on so little new music that I totally believe he's squeezing it in around his DJing.

and the whole thing about being on tour constantly... its not like he can't start off a track on his laptop whilst he's going from gig to gig...

Don't get me wrong, Andy C is by far my favourite DJ and producer - seen him live and he kills it every time. Also love his work with shimon and ant miles, I don't question whether he can produce cause I know he can. I was just wondering if someone was helping him get it to the quality of todays dnb songs cause I saw on another thread wilkinson was his audio engineer (whatever that means:P)

basically Andy goes "put some nneeeeeoooooowwww there and some wubwub there" and wilkinson does it for him

Don't get me wrong, Andy C is by far my favourite DJ and producer - seen him live and he kills it every time. Also love his work with shimon and ant miles, I don't question whether he can produce cause I know he can. I was just wondering if someone was helping him get it to the quality of todays dnb songs cause I saw on another thread wilkinson was his audio engineer (whatever that means:P)

And you believe what you read on this forum?

He's far too busy to be making tunes IMO, and he's a big enough name that his name on a remix would help sell it.

2 + 2 = 4.

Happens a lot more than you'd think tbh.

I find it a little hard to believe that he went from hardware based production, to not really doing any, to being on tour constantly, aswell as running one of the most well known labels in dance music, to suddenly shitting out 'professional' (but a bit meh) sounding remixes out of nowhere.

But then, some people can use ghost producers but still be musical geniuses *cough* goldie *cough*

goldie has always stated though that he has an engineer to help time. rob playford helped for timeless and heist helped on malice in wonderland...

The tracks were goldie's idea's the engineers just helped him achieve them

goldie has always stated though that he has an engineer to help time. rob playford helped for timeless and heist helped on malice in wonderland...

The tracks were goldie's idea's the engineers just helped him achieve them

yeah, i know, that was my point. The idea's are all him, they're his compositions. but someone else get's it done.

I'd be lying if i said i didn't lose a little respect for him when i found that out...but then i realised that he's still the mind behind those great tunes.

yeah, i know, that was my point. The idea's are all him, they're his compositions. but someone else get's it done.

I'd be lying if i said i didn't lose a little respect for him when i found that out...but then i realised that he's still the mind behind those great tunes.

true, but hten you think about that brain wrote a classical opera.

He's an artist at heart not a lock the window producer.

Tbh, when i'm producing stuff with richie from here, he does the engineering as i use logic and he uses ableton.. however all the ideas are thought of by both of us... So it depends on the format...

I remember reading the saul from c+s usually comes up with the riffs and things like that and will engineer's it

tbh as long as it sounds good... shouldn't care

I find it a little hard to believe that he went from hardware based production, to not really doing any, to being on tour constantly, aswell as running one of the most well known labels in dance music, to suddenly shitting out 'professional' (but a bit meh) sounding remixes out of nowhere.

But then, some people can use ghost producers but still be musical geniuses *cough* goldie *cough*

I dunno he made Finders Keepers and Body Rock? Surely they weren't hardware based productions? Or did Sub Focus make them for him? And now Subs moved on he's making Wilkinson his bitch?

It's nonsense, people love to try and pick flaws in things and think of reasons why they don't deserve credit.

i know this has happened in the house scene but i think the dnb community is too tight knit and political for this to happen...i hope anyway
i know a lot of producers who make tunes on laptops on the move and then take them to the studio to finish off...totally believable that andy has made those tunes

Yeah it blatantly sounds like he's getting help, but he runs RAM records and draw from a lot of input from some very talented people who are undoubtedly his friends, so if it's there then why not use it? I know I would.

Another cringy Andy C thread, Well done lads

Does anyone even listen to Andy C remixes anyway!

Back
Top Bottom