Andy C arguement

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
Is there still an arguement or are people bothered if he uses pre-pitched vinyl?

Ive seen various videos of him djin and the pitch is always the same on all 3 decks (+7) and he very rarely touches the pitch. I've seen him wack a vinyl on the deck, set it off n mix it without even takin notice of that deck.

Does using pre-pitched vinyl still make him a good dj??? I'd say hes still a good mixer but i reckon if all my vinyl was pre-pitched i'd be just as good as him. I've seen many bedroom djs on 3 decks, beatmatching n mixing as good as him. I mean, i'm pretty sure friction beatmatches coz u can just tell on some of his mixes as theyre starting to go out of time slightly.

So are ya bothered?

Does it still make him a good dj?

Is it cheating?

ps: He still aint on any new packs..... tight ass

A lot of tunes have the same BPM, dancefloor is almost all 174-175

so your argument is invalid

This falls into a similar catergory as the whole MP3/Vinyl argument. I think people just need to appreciate the music and show a little love for the scene.

he uses normal vinyl most of the time... the same vinyl that is available to everyone else! and beatmatching really isn't that hard once you've been doing it for anywhere near as long as he has

he almost always does a fairly hard to do mix as his intro. even if he got all his vinyl prepitched he would still have to beatmatch his first tunes and no 2 decks are exact so just putting them to +7 or whatever it is won't get them matched

in some of his sets when he plays on bad set ups, some of the time the tunes aren't exactly in time but he uses the filters to cover it up so that no-one would ever notice

and his tunes don't have reduced intros, he just finds cue points nearer to the drop

Even If I knew two tunes I had were exactly in pitch I'd probably still end up wiggling the pitch a bit because you get used to doing it so much. Im sure Andy Is the same and no he doesn't use pre pitched vinyl!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom