DnB ANDY C : ALIVE (The Death of Djing?)

I personally think its a real shame andy doesnt use vinyl anymore, half of what made his sets special was the showmanship and the whole aspect of "how the fuck did you just do that mate?". PCs ruin that for me, too easy to just put the whole set layed out harmonically etc from the get go. I also reckon half the problem is that for some reason even clubs like fabric use raised stages now instead of purpose-build dj booths, seems ludicrous to me. Fair enough if its unavoidable/a both is non-existant but seeing people mix up close and personal such as in the cage at fabric/matter was 100x better.

However I dont think this means vinyl is dead, it certainly wont stop me buying wax anyway, spent too much money on the stuff to pack it in now! I would much rather see a shitload of records in my room than a list of files and folders on a screen any day, and the excitement and wondering if your new bits are waiting for you at home is lost completely with mp3s. All about getting something you can physically hold if your paying hard earned money for it. Although I have to admit if I was to start mixing now it may have been a different story with the abundance of digi-only releases nowadays.

Friction was using pure vinyl at Shogun apart from the odd tune that was on a cd and he played one of the best sets I've ever heard, Hi Tek >>> Cause N Effect was one of the biggest mixes there's ever been

Only plays vinyl at shogun cable I believe now....

To be honest latley Andy C's sets don't seem so good.. More and more electro swing and dubstep not enough rollers.. I prefer Friction allthough Andy is still a god if that makes sense :s

TL;DR PROBABLY FULL OF INTERESTING POINTS BUT NO OVERALL CONCLUSION WILL EVER BE FOUND
BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU'RE ALL POSTING IN A SPIDERMAN THREAD NOW.

5r47oby

Seen him at Westfest. Not impressed with some them tunes he played and so what about the visuals???? I didnt once notice them. The only thing i noticed was screechy bollox n no mc.

But go on his facebook page n everyones rimming him bout it....

I'd love to see a normal Andy 3 deck set as im starting to forget bout him now.

Friction was unreal tho and all sets in the One Nation arena were sick

Back
Top Bottom