And the winner of the mix competition is....

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Right, all the votes have been tallied up and its time to announce the winner. Its was a very close call but the winner is......

COSHH

closely followed by Jay Walker and Smarty.

Big thank you to everyone who entered, the submissions were superb. Hopefully this will be the start of something regular in the way of mix comps, and if it gets really popular maybe we can persuade Stu to do something in the way of prices.

But for now, Coshh is the mix champion and here is the link to his winning mix.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/84keus

All the mixes are still at the top of the mixes forum for those who still wish to check them out.

:spliff:

Well done Coshh!

I have to admit, I didn't vote because I was biased for Coshh, regardless of the other excellent mixes so it wouldn't have been fair.

congratulations but personally I find that the mix n is not really good. no ambiense, just bass and melodies blurred. for the next session we need juges because the 3 winners are just the most populars dj on the forum. nobody have listening all the mix.

congrats coshh! :1:

for the next session we need juges because the 3 winners are just the most populars dj on the forum. nobody have listening all the mix.
this is actually a really fair point. perhaps just the mods should judge to give all members (regardless of post count) a fair chance, and ensure all mixes entered are actually listened to.

congrats coshh! :1:

this is actually a really fair point. perhaps just the mods should judge to give all members (regardless of post count) a fair chance, and ensure all mixes entered are actually listened to.

Okies then, for the next comp we'll have the mods judge the entries. Gumby is our first volunteer :teeth:

It was obvious that coshh was going to win. the set was really well mixed.

i just wished that i entered my mix earlier so more ppl had a listen

There is an easy way to get rid of the bias, strip the names from the mixes.

1) Dj sends mix to dnbforum crew.

2) After deadline, Dnbforum crew removes name, adds tag randomly, i.e. Dj 1, Dj 2

3) Dnbforum puts up all the mixes at the same time or in groups, in random order.

Problem sorted. This procedure also gets rid of problems with submitting mixes, as they all get out to listeners at the same time. It will also be fun to guess what dj submitted what.

Democracy and less bias.

I don't like the mod judging idea. If anything, the winners of the previous competition should be the 'pro' judges at the next if we go for choice by committee.

Nice one Mr Coshh, looking forward to seeing you do it live in Novemeber!

Dustek's idea is brilliant, do that instead of the mod thing -

2) After deadline, Dnbforum crew removes name, adds tag randomly, i.e. Dj 1, Dj 2

3) Dnbforum puts up all the mixes at the same time or in groups, in random order.

There is an easy way to get rid of the bias, strip the names from the mixes.

Problem sorted. This procedure also gets rid of problems with submitting mixes, as they all get out to listeners at the same time. It will also be fun to guess what dj submitted what.

Democracy and less bias.

I don't like the mod judging idea. If anything, the winners of the previous competition should be the 'pro' judges at the next if we go for choice by committee.

yup, or else coshh will get chosen AGAIN ,just because he's uploading more of his mixes then anyone else,which ain't a bad thing of course , but he will get more credit :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom