Analog Technics...last orders

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Not played vinyl for a long time personally, but still a shame they are finishing the production, esp as I havent got a pair and have a huge pile of vinyl half of which i've not even got round to listenin to yet! better get some quick before they turn into collectors items @ £4k a pair lol

RIP Technics

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...-cease-production-of-Technics-turntables.html

Panasonic has confirmed that it will cease production of devices in its Technics range of audio equipment, which comprises turntables, mixers and headphones beloved by a generation of DJs.
The Japanese company said it had seen a slump in demand for the analogue devices, as more and more musicians move towards digital downloads and track mixing.

“Panasonic decided to end production mainly due to a decline in demand for these analogue products, and also the growing difficulty of procuring key analogue components necessary to sustain production,” a spokesman for Panasonic told The Tokyo Reporter.
Technics turntables have long been essential kit for DJs. The SL-1200 model, in particular, was one of the most popular, with 3.5 million sold since its launch in 1972.
Panasonic has not yet announced whether it will retire the Technics brand, or simply cease production of analogue devices and instead turn its hand to purely digital equipment under the Technics umbrella.
The announcement comes just days after Sony revealed that it would no longer be manufacturing and selling its iconic cassette Walkman in Japan.

nah nah nah read it properly, will "cease production of devises" NOT "cease production of all devices"

They are still going to make some :)

if you look about, u can still buy mk2's and mk5g's from dealer. The rest are sadly, it seems, being discontinued (still not heared anything official from panasonic, but looking at dj equipment sites all of them except the ones i mentioned are now discontinued)

Discontuing production has bugger all to do with them being on sale at dj shops, stocks will run out eventually and nomore will be made, and perhaps more importantly, parts will run out too, both of those things will make working 1200 series decks a rarity and push the price up pretty quickly

Discontuing production has bugger all to do with them being on sale at dj shops, stocks will run out eventually and nomore will be made, and perhaps more importantly, parts will run out too, both of those things will make working 1200 series decks a rarity and push the price up pretty quickly

tbh mate, parts last a stupidly long time?

There was rumours of this last year also. Whether or not there are ceasing production, I am just glad I have three 1210mk5g's anyways. :teeth:

wow! where to you have them all. My decks nearly stretch one side of my room to the other.

Nah i never go for the full 4 deck mix lol! fuck havin all 4 set up all the time. only normally have 2 setup permanently and if needs be i can just grab another one. got a cdj in the arsenal aswell and will be adding another after xmas!
happy times!!!

I have read that those stantom decks are much better than technics anyway.
Not sure if it is true though.

I did read however that stantons have about 4x more torque and a 78rpm fuction i think. 78 rpm is abit stupid though!

they are so much stronger, you cant physically slow them down by pinching the pin, a mate burnt a lil hole in his finger trying.

I dont think theyd survive half the things a technics could though, to much digital bulshit inside em.

yeah but du reckon they could survive being dropped or having a drink spilt on em??

@ sam you have to move the pitch lots more than technics, with technics thier stiff and you just give em a squeeze, where as you have to move em a fair bit with the stantons

if you look about, u can still buy mk2's and mk5g's from dealer. The rest are sadly, it seems, being discontinued (still not heared anything official from panasonic, but looking at dj equipment sites all of them except the ones i mentioned are now discontinued)

Jusy go 2nd Hand, got mk2s in imaculate condition for £300 3 weeks ago

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Had some old str8 80s, not as much torque but wicked to learn on, 60s suck tho

yeah but du reckon they could survive being dropped or having a drink spilt on em??

Yeah they absolutely would. The top of a Stanton is a solid 1/2" thick metal plate, at the most it would just dent where it impacted. Technics on the other hand are a casting which is more prone to crack.

As for spilling a drink, the electronics in a Stanton are attached to the top, not mounted in the bottom of a well like Technics. The main problem with the Stanton is that the pitch fader is harder to replace, but not impossible.

It seems to price for the 1210s have skyrocketed. I swear I paid $1,200 for a pair back in the day. Fuck man I want to get a third one if they really are being discontinued but I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna pay $1000 for one turntable. I'll get a CDJ first.

Yeah they absolutely would. The top of a Stanton is a solid 1/2" thick metal plate, at the most it would just dent where it impacted. Technics on the other hand are a casting which is more prone to crack.

As for spilling a drink, the electronics in a Stanton are attached to the top, not mounted in the bottom of a well like Technics. The main problem with the Stanton is that the pitch fader is harder to replace, but not impossible.

Is you turn up too a club and there not there!

Back
Top Bottom