An introduction and my first recorded vinyl mix

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
I thought i'd introduce myself first. My names Ollie, i'm from Southampton and i've been learning to mix since February this year. At the moment i'm going by the name DJ Pentium, reason being when i'm concentrating on something, people struggle to get a response from me, so my housemates nicknamed me Pentium 1.

I started mixing without much knowledge on the genre, and was surprised how helpful other people in the scene are, especially the guys at Tripp2 records in Southampton (late licence records/paradox), who have helped me build a record collection from scratch, and are always willing to play me all the fresh tracks.

This is my first recorded mix. Technically it's a bit rough round the edges but i'm very pleased with how it flows, and obviously I love every single tune on there.

Please give it a listen if you got the spare time and leave me some feedback. I hope you enjoy the mix, and i'm sure i'll be posting a lot more on these forums in the future.

-----

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2ru9g
or
http://dnbshare.com/download/olivemeatloaf.mp3.html

Tracklist:
High Contrast - Pink Flamingos (Hospital)
Apex - Space Between (Hospital)
Noisia - Facade VIP (Ram)
Sub Focus - Airplane (Ram)
Matrix & Futurebound - Family (Viper)
Blame - Hiro (Blame)
Die & Clipz - Indian Summer (Clear Skyz)
Future Prophecies - Dreadlock VIP (Breakbeat Kaos)
DJ Baron - Turn up the Sun (Breakbeat Kaos)
Lynx - Disco Dodo (Creative Source)
Pendulum - Another Planet (Breakbeat Kaos)
Basher - Missile (Frequency)
Mickey Finn - Stop (Finn People)
Dillinja - Twist Em Out (Renegade Hardware)
Friction & Nu Balance - Robocop (Playaz)
Danny Byrd vs Brooke Bros - Goldrush (Hospital)
Axwell - I found U (High Contrast Remix) (Hospital)
Cabbie - Blast Off (Nam)
Danny Byrd - Shockout (Hospital)
High Contrast - If We Ever (Hospital)

Gear I use at the mo (in case anyones interested):
2x Numark TT2 Pro Decks + Numark 2002x Mixer (from ebay for £100!)
Recorded on Audacity/.

welcome to the forum, mix is on the d/l now

used to fuckin love tripp2, still try and go down for a ganders when i'm at my rents
theres also another record shop in the the same centre, i dunno if its still there but its good for finding the odd hip hop gem

some good mixes in there and the beatmatching is good considering u've, only been at it a few months

personally i'd let a few of the mixes run for longer, and try and get to know ur tunes a little bit better, i dont know if u were trying to skip most the second breakdowns but silence is greatly underrated, cools everything down for a bit

just my two cents, overall a good mix mate, keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep your comments in mind and carry on practicing. Look out for my next mix in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom