An Awkward Vibe Preview, please comment

ok so itslost most of its low end now... but still sounds odd but at least now i can hear whats going on. right your kick is likea sub it needs to have some mid range detail id change the kick completely. the snare sounds are wet and reverby infact the whole sound of the track sounds like it has a reverb unit on it and pushed up to 100% ;D (apart from the vocal).

Ok so those were the bad points so ill point out that i do like that vocal but id try some vocoder on it and distortion. the guitar sound is pretty cool but im not a big fan of that in dnb but it does appeal to some.

what are you using to monitor your music?

Wow, respect to your ears...
How I did this track...

first I created a drumloop, lenght 32
then I took a synth (ms2000br) and semi-synth (which is the Juno-D) and let them play over a mixertable (with a big amounth of reverb), compressed the hellout of the output (max on the mono oc8e).
that signal I routed thru a guitar fx (Alesis) and that output I routed thru an Art Multiverb LT unit, with 50 % on the mix.
That signal I recorded and used to get some inspiration.

By that time I was getting bored from routing, that fucking patchbay, always a problem... (took me almost an hour to get the Alesis to give some sound), so I didn't took the trouble to custom a drumkit so toke the easy way out and used 2 standard Cakewalk TTS kits.

So I played my Midi gear, (R-side) and plugged in my Ibanez (L-side), started the track in sonar for the drumtrack and recorded it with audacity, since it seems to be unable to play and record audio at the same time with Vista, I had a 3 way solution this way.

Then I got bored again and just looked up some vid's for vocal. I needed to go to the store so I just put the pieces together so I had something to listen along the way. Before I got out the door, I dropped it on the web.

That is the big picture I guess.
And why it sounds like crap. A well...
:shit_happ

edit:

VXT_5.jpg

Last edited:
hey thats a lotof tech hardware stuff i have no idea about and thats why the first song you posted i loved. This however isnt my bag, i didnt say it was crap sorry if i implied that you obviously have a good bit of technical knowledge when using all your hardware far superior to mine anyway. if your going for a squarepusher kinda sound i suppose this is on the right track but its way to wet on the reverb IMO just take a little more time on the track. remove all reverb on the drums and lets hear it then i cant make out the drums well at all.

oh yeah got same monitors think mine mkII though

I will upload the drumtrack, just bounced with any fx. check again in about 30 minutes or so...

- - - Updated - - -

I just uploaded a bounce of the drumtrack without any tweaking like fx.... but it's a bit slow.
download it, and multiply it a few times. It's good-old 170 bpm.
And only 16 bars. Just removed a few notes in the beginning of the double 16 bar loop.

right here <<- - -

- - - Updated - - -

...This however isnt my bag, i didnt say it was crap sorry if i implied that ...

...oh yeah got same monitors think mine mkII though

Nope, you didn't ;) But I had a "fresh" listen myself. It sounded like shit.
You know, I'm just aiming for that right composing to make reel work out of my stuff. So I just play around. Everybody is making music nowadays, so I don't even expect to make some money out of it... too bad. But it keeps me busy.

And yes, I noticed you have the same monitors. There was a yellow pair in the shop when I was buying, but have a lot of black stuff, so bought the casual black monitors. The only thing I hate in black is my wireless computerkeyboard. Looks cool, does not have the cool workflow, to damn dark.

But I have to clear some cloudspace, so wait for your to download the bounced track, and then I will remove it. Meanwhile, maybe I'll work on Weak And a bit. . . maybe.

ok so i just reprogrammed the loop into a song im working on just now tried a few methods of compression on it and got it sounding less wet... its a nice little loop actually needs a lot more volume (but less on certain sounds) so a bit of fiddling volume wise would help it a lot. i wont use this loop i simply wanted to see how it would sound over a a track so this will be deletd once youve had a listen

yeah im the same i do have a few connections and and an ep out this year but theres no money at this level anyway i do it because i work nightshift security and its better than doing nothing or playing some games all night.

whereas although not perfect the breaks here are dry mabye a little too dry but still you get the idea.

Last edited:
didn't see it was you!
I made a bounce with some fx earlier this day, let me see if I should upload that version...
and I could spies it up a bit, again 170 bpm?

Back
Top Bottom