An amature-ish dnb/neuro drop-part-thingalinga-doodah

AlienWeapon

I must admit when it comes to this kind of thing, i do feel like i'm wondering around in the dark looking for a light switch but anyway all this is is a short drop thing. I'm Kinda looking for inspiration or advice on how i could go about improving this track and this sort of style in general because in my mind it seems quite lack-luster. Please spair 44 secs of your life to have a listen. Heres the link https://soundcloud.com/8-bitheroes/amaturish-drop-idea-thingaling

Last edited:
The bass is actually quite good, apply some more distortion to it and I think you have yourself a killer bass sound. The kick sounds like the standard FL Studio one, that could be replaced. The snare needs more layering to get more power. Also try either boost 200 hz with EQ or try do some transient shaping to create more punch. The sub bass sounds like it's an octave to high to my liking, did you do lowpass on it?

It's a good start, and it's a great mixdown for now. Try to do some variations on the beat and make yourself some more killer bass sounds that you could use in this and future projects. Good luck!!

The bass is actually quite good, apply some more distortion to it and I think you have yourself a killer bass sound. The kick sounds like the standard FL Studio one, that could be replaced. The snare needs more layering to get more power. Also try either boost 200 hz with EQ or try do some transient shaping to create more punch. The sub bass sounds like it's an octave to high to my liking, did you do lowpass on it?

It's a good start, and it's a great mixdown for now. Try to do some variations on the beat and make yourself some more killer bass sounds that you could use in this and future projects. Good luck!!

Haha yes! It was the standard fl kick, your ears are good man. Anyway I didnt lowpass the sub but il try it and see how it sounds. I agree with the layering the snare more, my snares always seem to lack power. Thanks man.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom