Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sparkyc10, Feb 17, 2005.

1. sparkyc10

sparkyc10 Kentish Junglist

im off to amsterdam tomorrow. has anyone got any suggestions of places to go or advice from past experience? my mates already given me the "for fuck sake don't get lost in the tranny section" talk so i don't need that one cheers :2thumbs:

2. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Check out The Grasshopper pub at the far end of the city towards the train station!

The name speaks for itself!!

3. sparkyc10

yeh im definitly tempted by that place. i vaguely remember hearing its more expensive there than other places though?

4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

We were proper tourists when we went so that wouldn't surprise me :teeth:

5. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

go 2 "the bulldog" and the "red light cafe" and try the snow white :2thumbs:

6. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I would defo recommend the Cannabis Museum it's the first place in the world you can publicy go & see cannabis been grown. Take a camera with you because you can get some wicked pictures thanks Mr Walker I've got a wicked framed A4 size photo on my wall of all the crew!! Also I've heard go things about a place called Dread Rock a nice little reggae cafe. I think the smaller cafes are better than the large ones as it's a bit more personal & everyone seems alot more friendly, & if you get chatting to the bar staff you may even be able to get to sample & touch that sticky icky icky! :fag:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  7. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

No no no no no! No offence to anyone but aviod places like the Bulldog/Grasshopper or any place like that, as theyre tourist traps. You'll find much better/cheaper bud elsewhere. Also avoid anywhere with a bouncer/security outside, and itll most likely be full of Brit/American pissheads which you dont need to travel to the Dam to see.

Places Id recommend are:

Dolphins (just off the Leidseplein): Has some good instore bongs/vapourisers, and the downstairs is probably one of the best places to chill out of all the coffeeshops Ive vistsed. (I also heard a rumour that theyve lost their licence, but its still worth visiting and taking your own, so you can chill downstairs)

Greenhouse Centrum (bottom of the Red Light District): Probably the best place for bud along with the Grey Area. Always packed tho, so you're best off buying there and going somewhere else. They always have some mental new strains, but often sell out as its fucking popular amongst both tourists and locals. Dont be put off by the cheapness of Mary Crystal, its proper nice!

Grey Area (W/S of the city): Real good bud, but the actual shop is a bit shit. Real small, and usually busy.

Rokerij (1, 2 or 3): 3 Different shops scattered over the city, with a nice Moroccan decor. They sell a good range of hash too. Best one imo is the one near the Leidseplein (just past McDonalds).

Cafe 36 (between Centraal Station and Dam Sq.): The buds nothing to get a snail trail about, but if its quiet enough you can sit right at the back and have a smoke while looking out across the mariner.

Barney's (west of the station): Its actually 2 places, a coffeeshop and a breakfast bar but theyre both cool. All about a full english followed by a blunt for breakfast. See if they've got either Helter Skelter or NY Diesel. Unfortunately theyve been out everytime Ive been!

Dread Rock (Red Light District): Massive American style pool hall upstairs, and they also sell Philly Blunt cigars for about 2 euros.

Coffeeshop Paradiso (s/w of Van Gogh museum): You probably wont get to see this as its quite out of the way, but was mine and the missus's local when we went over about 3 years ago. Good, cheap menu and the staff are wicked (look out for Tony, the bald guy). Never any tourists in there either, so theres always loads of interesting locals in there you can chat to.

One thing Id say tho is, dont ignore the hash out there! Most people (including myself) usually get blinded by the amount of fine punk you can get out there, but realistically you can get good green over here, whereas its fucking hard to find decent solid in England.

Enjoy! :spliff:

8. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

I think you might be thinking of Rasta Baby mate (up near the station). Dread Rock is quite big...

9. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

A few of my tips, I can suggest:

Be sure to try the durban poison & sweetooth if you come across it, its killer shizzle!

As Sayber said, the cannabis museum is the nuts, they got a vapouriser for use, but be sure to have your own erb, as thats one thing they dont supply :)

dont do the 10 day trip mushrooms, youll end up in a gutter somewhere. o_O

An if you do want class As (if the mood takes you), be well cautious bout picking up form the looky-looky men, theyre shady as hell.

Respect the dam - Keep your smoking to bars/cafes/designated areas, as much as we'd all like to walk round the streets with the biggest doobie you can roll, dont do it - its still Illegal to smoke in Public (i think!)

10. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

cant beleive noone mentioned Bluebird yet!!

Bluebird coffe shop, one of the oldest coffe shops of teh dam.

be amazed by folders conatining samples of weed on sale, a two storey hooka (!!!) , and the best tasting space brownies
    (gordo gives it 6 leafs out of 7)
    :D

also, try La Canna.
    its one of the big ones, but you get the unique experience of stoned pool game...that green carpet looks mighty weird when ones high..

and yes, avoid bulldog, unless you like britiish tourists getting drunk...

oh, and a final tip:
    although nearly impossible, try not to get too stoned one day, and have a walk around town, see some museums and shit, its well worth it..

and if you happen to bump into BSE crew, big em up ferom me too!!

11. chili

chili chili

woooot my fave place in the whole wide world

just got back a few wks ago form a short break

just do everything is all i say.. just get out there go from coffee shop/bar to cooffeehop/bar.... uer days will just go by in ahze... oh an do some mexican mushies as long as u feel comfortable n dont freak out on that sort of shit

wowowo im jelous i wanna go back!!!!

we went to big club over there too - the paradiso - on the sat nite...bout 2000 ravers quein outside btu worh it .. the nite was ok...buit cheesy hip hop in main room n breakbeat/garage upstairs but its alright wen ya as mashed as u will be over there!!

soo many coffee shops dunno where to begin.... avoid the grasshopper for drinks fuckin rip off... og the smaller ones... u'll seee... ;)

the green house and greenhouse effect r pretty cool..... on the thurs eve they had some liquid dnb on ionn the green house effect...

also... get a map wtih the coffeeshops on... they on a free magazine thats at tourist points out there.... on the back.....

also... go sex museum thats a laff heres a piccy of me with a great big cock lol:[​IMG]

oh an heres teh thread with the otehr piccies on if u sigend up to missrep.com but not many uplaoded yet...http://www.missrepresent.com/site/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2869&start=15

oh yeah the bongs in the dolphins heres a piccy: [​IMG]
    lol..neevr get me started on the dam lol such a quirky place imo.... i was lucky this time... went end of jan no rain!!!! went last march fuckin hell pisses it down...

awwwwww pls take me with u....

thik some1 shud deffo think bout hostin a dnb nite in the upstairs room of that paradiso club tho fuckin dark...get a coach load of us... :)

12. chili

chili chili

oh an if u gonna be goin round on the trams, get a 3 day pass 13 euro for 72 hours... saves u nuff money an it invludes the buses too

we deffo made the most of our passes anyway

oh an dont get rippped off like me last time miss gullible at the airport buyin one of them crappy chip nic cards, u dont need em.

aww an eyah dolphins is another fave of mine,,....cool funky choral n sea stuff on the walls....

13. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

14. chili

chili chili

i werent really feelin the heineken museum went last yr.. hmmm i dont like beer tho... lol....

u have to have one heineken when u over there tho i guess, tradition!!! an the PR 4 the stuff is pretty heavy lol...nuff beermats

15. sparkyc10

cheers for all the feedback guys. i see amsterdam has touched all of your hearts as well :love: what a great place though. my only regret is only going for 3 days (noooowhere near long enough to even begin to do everything i wanted to do), and also letting the girlfriend smoke too much. this unfortunately involved spending too much time looking after a very lean lady, but was still a great trip. i didnt manage to go to many places suggested by u lot as most of them were posted after i left. i went to the bulldog cos i saw somebody suggest that just before i left. definitly a bit touristy but enjoyed the whole smoking in the cells of an old police station thing :2thumbs: the only other places i can remember the names of that i went to were 'the rockery' (or possibly 'the rokerij' mulla talked about but i read it wrong) and 'abrazas'. both quite nice, the psychadelic look upstairs of abraxas made those hazey sessions even greater. cant wait for the next trip now. hope to see u all there. cheers again for the advice everyone - particularly you mulla, ur little essay will be printed off and burned to memory for next time (y) and jay walker whose vitally important info on respecting the dam should be remembered by all :2thumbs:

16. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Good to hear you had a good one bro

Cant wait to get back over there, gotta wait til November tho lol (n)

17. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

silly, silly tourists ;)

18. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

forget the big cock in the pic check the buff lady