Amps and Speakers

GoldnSilver

Hey guys,

Firstly, if this is in the wrong section, then please move it. Thanks.

I am looking into getting an amp and some speakers for listening too drum n bass from my Technic 1210. But frankly I know nothing about amps and speakers. I looked into some and in my price range I could only find Amps with lower max wattage output than the speakers.. Would it be a mistake to have an amp thats max output was less than the speakers max output? Would it in anyway damage the speakers or effect the quality? Any advice or pointers in any direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

It will not damage your speakers or amp if the amp is rated less, just don't drive the amp too hard. If it starts to sound shit (or a protect light comes on), turn it down. Our amp is rated less than our speakers, no problems here. You don't need massive wattage at home anyway, our amp is 2x 30W and that's plenty.

What sort of budget you got?

Your probly best getting some active monitors, which are basicly speakers with amps built in.

Thanks for your replies guys, very helpful. However, I'm looking for quality sound more than volume. Any recommendations on brands/makes of amps or speakers? I have £300 - £400 I guess.

Nah, I'm trying to build up a collection of Drum n Bass first. Then I'll finish my set up when I get myself a job. I've seen NAD Amps, seem like nice simple pieces of kit, also I've heard good stuff about B&W speakers. Thanks, I'll look into them.

Thanks again.

Nah, I'm trying to build up a collection of Drum n Bass first. Then I'll finish my set up when I get myself a job. I've seen NAD Amps, seem like nice simple pieces of kit, also I've heard good stuff about B&W speakers. Thanks, I'll look into them.

Thanks again.

Ah i see. Well good luck with that mate, my advice would be to take DTR's advice!

Marantz amp and two Cerwin Vega VE-12 speakers...Can't go wrong

I have the Cerwin Vegas but with two Perreaux Amps the amps are about 15 years old but they go super hard for dnb/dubstep

Back
Top Bottom