DnB Amphibia - Etherium ( Original Mix ) OUT NOW

This is very dense. Like you have a LOT of layers going on here, and most of them are playing all the time. You have two basses! Which is great, but maybe not at the same time.

A lot of your phrases start on the first beat of the bar and play the whole way through with no rest on top of each other getting in the way of each other.

It's more common to have longer phrases, that have lots of space in-between where other bits can come in.

You don't have any kind of melodic/harmonic/changes in notes you're playing either, which is ok for a bit (this is dnb ofc) but you could think about changes to the notes in some sections as well.

I also think doing faster and faster kicks for a build up is very cliche, but maybe that's just me

This is very dense. Like you have a LOT of layers going on here, and most of them are playing all the time. You have two basses! Which is great, but maybe not at the same time.

A lot of your phrases start on the first beat of the bar and play the whole way through with no rest on top of each other getting in the way of each other.

It's more common to have longer phrases, that have lots of space in-between where other bits can come in.

You don't have any kind of melodic/harmonic/changes in notes you're playing either, which is ok for a bit (this is dnb ofc) but you could think about changes to the notes in some sections as well.

I also think doing faster and faster kicks for a build up is very cliche, but maybe that's just me

thanks for this feedback!! I will try to follow these tips when making the next track !! ; ]

Would like to hear some side chaining on that synthy bassline that goes on throughout. And maybe some changeups with it at the end of each 16. It gets a bit annoying after a while. Maybe some automated panning on it too to give it some movement along with the side chaining. I like the rest of it, I just think it should drop out much more than it does. The dirty gritty bass could use some side chained compression too, would sound better if it pumped a bit.

Would like to hear some side chaining on that synthy bassline that goes on throughout. And maybe some changeups with it at the end of each 16. It gets a bit annoying after a while. Maybe some automated panning on it too to give it some movement along with the side chaining. I like the rest of it, I just think it should drop out much more than it does. The dirty gritty bass could use some side chained compression too, would sound better if it pumped a bit.

I'm still learning and developing, and your comment helps me as well as others, thanks !!

Back
Top Bottom