Amp issue..

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
so, general question for people that understand soundsystems..
i have 2 250w rms speakers, spkn connectors, hooked up to a qtx pro 1000 amp, it has two channels that run at either 500w or 250w (max). the input to the amp is either rca or a 6.3 jack. i've run my rcas from the mixer to the amp, and hooked up the spkn cables to the speakers, all seems fine, however the amp appears to be receiving nothing (judging by the fact that the level metres show nothing, but the power led is on. i don't think it is the speakers, so any help would be appreciated - it's undoubtedly something simple but in techy realms such as this i r noob. feel free to pop round if you think you can help..

made sure you have the right connections coming out of the mixer? is there a selection on the amp for which input?

Kinda stumped without looking at it tbh. is it a new mixer or one you picked up cheap?

start at the mixer and work your way down.

1. You got the rca's coming from master out? Master volume up?
2. Are you sure the connection youre going into is an input?
3. make sure, if there is one, you have the input selector on the amp set to the correct one.

Have you tested this amp as working before and does it have a make and model?

Is it a hi-fi amp or a PA amp?

Also, watch your amp volume, youre rated at twice the power of your speakers, turn it up halfway and you stand a good chance of popping them.

i tried turning the master volume up, i also tried a direct rca to aux (with my mp3 player) so it isn't the mixer.
yep, it says line in above the rca jacks.
there is no input selector.

no i never had a cause to test the amp as i never had the cables to connect to the speakers prior to yesterday.
model is a qtx pro 1000, i bought it new of amazon about a month ago.. say's its a stereo power amplifier.

yeah the first time i turned it on i kept the volume low.

i really can't see what is wrong, all the connections are in the right place..

well the input only has the rca, 6.3 jack, and then when you just have loose wires (screw based thingy)

the outputs have spkn outputs, and are pretty clearly marked output so.. unfortunately its not that simple

looks like youre doing it right. Ive looked into the amp and the signal LED's should be lighting up.

If theres no-one else you can test it with then I'd hazard a guess that the amp is faulty. Send it back if you can.

Yeah man if there's no signal and you've checked everything else then it must be busted dude?

The Best DJ Software for Mac OS X and Windows.

DJ MIXER PRO 2.0.3

The Best DJ Software for Mac OS X and Windows.
Complete DJ Mixing Software in Dual-Deck-Style!

DJ Mixer Pro includes all the advanced features a real DJ needs. Download Free Trial Now!

DJ MIXER PRO 2.0.3

About DJMixersoft, Inc.
DJMixersoft, Inc. is one of the world’s leading providers of DJ Mixing software. DJMixersoft products are

designed by professional DJs and audio engineers, It has become the premiere Mac-based DJ and broadcast

automation system used in over 130 countries worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom