Amoss Q&A

InReach

After taking a brief hiatus to explore the shores of south-east Asia with IR’s very own Mr Hainsey, James Evans, aka Amoss, returns as the singular force behind the name with his latest cut on Flexout Audio – ‘Speedshades’.

Speaking about his travels, his upcoming movements for Amoss since taking the reigns and the story behind the EP; I had a quick chat with the man behind those teeny tiny shades…

So…How have you been, what’s new?

I had a haircut yesterday…

You had some time out in Asia recently, how was that?

Yeah myself and Hainsey took 4 months travelling around South East Asia taking in as many of the incredible sights that part of the world has to offer. Biking around the mountains of northern Vietnam were up there in the many highlights along with all the historical locations and a balloon trip over the 1000-year-old temples of Bagan in Myanmar.

Are you looking forward to getting stuck into music now you’re back?

Read on - http://in-reach.co.uk/amoss-qa/

I didn't realise Andy passed away, I always thought they just went their separate ways a bit like the spectrasoul guys have done

I didn't realise Andy passed away, I always thought they just went their separate ways a bit like the spectrasoul guys have done
I think it was tongue-in-cheek

Amoss updated their profile picture.
August 29, 2018 ·
As you may have all heard by now that Andy has made the decision to move away from writing music, this is something we did not take on board lightly and was discussed it at great length. This decision was for the best and I intend to carry on the name and keep the quality and progression of the music as strong as it has been with Andy at my side for the past 10 years.

I think it was tongue-in-cheek

Amoss updated their profile picture.
August 29, 2018 ·
As you may have all heard by now that Andy has made the decision to move away from writing music, this is something we did not take on board lightly and was discussed it at great length. This decision was for the best and I intend to carry on the name and keep the quality and progression of the music as strong as it has been with Andy at my side for the past 10 years.

I thought they'd just gone their separate ways, but when I read that I 2nd guessed it

Yeah he said in the interview that he still works with Andy through flex out.

But thankfully Andy is now working with Tom at Flexout so we still get to work together which I really enjoy, he’s got a great mind for what he’s doing at the label and also a great skill to construct sense out of mine and Bassi’s manic brainstorms.

Back
Top Bottom