Amnestic - The Devil's Work [Dubstep/Drumstep/Dark/Heavy]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Amnestic, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Amnestic

Amnestic Member

Been a while since I've posted anything here, since I've been moving more towards industrial music than DnB lately, but I randomly decided to make a dubstep track.

Wondering what you guys think. I don't make dubstep very often, so I know there is a lot I can work on : )

2. STΞRΞO.NΞT

STΞRΞO.NΞT Member

Definitely like it a lot man. If you don't mind me asking how did you go about making the squelchy wobble. Something I've just never been able to reproduce.

3. Amnestic

Amnestic Member

Glad you like it!

Assuming we're thinking about the same squelchy wobble, I make the basic wobble in Massive, and then once I have it sounding deep and full, I'll make another version of it with higher pitch, and add some distortion and noise to it, and sometimes even a very mild stutter effect, and I layer that over the original bass (almost using the original like a sub bass). In the end, it comes out sounding high and weird, but with a kind of shuddering sound to it on top of the wobble.

4. STΞRΞO.NΞT

STΞRΞO.NΞT Member

Thanks for the tip man. I'll definitely have to try it out today when I get a chance.