Amnestic - Polymorphic Code (My first shot at neurofunk)

Not feeling the telephone'y synth, the drums are lacking a lot of punch. Are you using a sample for the b-line? In any case it could do with some variation, make a hundred instances of it and chuck all kinds of effects and filters and stuff on top of them.

The structure is a bit weird, there's a couple of different parts, but they don't fit together very well, tey just sort of happen one after another.

Not feeling the telephone'y synth, the drums are lacking a lot of punch. Are you using a sample for the b-line? In any case it could do with some variation, make a hundred instances of it and chuck all kinds of effects and filters and stuff on top of them.

The structure is a bit weird, there's a couple of different parts, but they don't fit together very well, tey just sort of happen one after another.

Thanks for the feedback, this is all very helpful!

I am in the process of messing with the compression and a bit of reverb on the drums to make them sound far more impactful, and to give them a bit of a live sound (but nothing too overpowering). I dropped the phone synth everywhere except in the builds (as I think it helps there, but correct me if I'm wrong), assuming we are thinking of the same telephony synth. I am still messing with the bass to find a way to add variation without butchering it, and I am trying to think of ways to tie the various parts together better (maybe some fading effects etc. and introducing sounds from certain parts into the previous part to create a transition?).

Once I get all that sorted, I'll edit the original post to have an updated version of the track.

Back
Top Bottom