Amnestic - Control [Free Full Length Album!]

The whole track seems high passed. Do you separate your elements?
The musical element of this track is cool, but I think you need to start thinking about everything as needing it's own individual space in the mix. This should give your track more clarity and let individual elements shine.

The whole track seems high passed. Do you separate your elements?
The musical element of this track is cool, but I think you need to start thinking about everything as needing it's own individual space in the mix. This should give your track more clarity and let individual elements shine.
Was this something you noticed on the other tracks as much as the first one? I am still learning about getting my mixes down right and think it might be more noticeable in the first one, as it was written before I had decent monitors. I had quite a lot of trouble working with the bass on that one without drowning the whole track with it. The bass is multisampled and there is a sub. When I turn up the mids or lows, the highs just seem to fade away. My elements are all separated.

Yeah the tracks dont sound right unfortunately, they obviously have good ideas but seem to have no low end or just odd mixdowns..
Reference it against a tune by someone like current value or whatever in a spectrum analyzer, and this will give you an idea of whats going on with your mix visually; (which your speakers might not be showing you)

Actually some of the later tunes (the darkness) have much better levels for bass than the first few.. sorry :) sounds way fuller in that tune particularly

Back
Top Bottom