Amit appreciation thread!

morphy

Who's feeling this mans tunes?

For me he's one of the few producers really pushing the boundaries in this scene!

Serious respect!

one of those tunes i can hear playing in my head clear as crystal. hes got a couple of tunes signed to metalheadz, that about says it all i think. but pushing the genre forward? hes dark but i cant say i ever got that impression.

I love the half time thing he does with the beats, awesome! :slayer:

The bass on his tunes is immense.

sdm said:
I love the half time thing he does with the beats, awesome!
Yeah, first time I heard his Roots track I was floored!! Love the Middle East sound and rolling bassline that seems to resonate in all he does. You da man, Amit!!

logikz said:
one of those tunes i can hear playing in my head clear as crystal. hes got a couple of tunes signed to metalheadz, that about says it all i think. but pushing the genre forward? hes dark but i cant say i ever got that impression.

Amit pushes the boundaries in a way that he makes dnb sound like a chill out-styled ambient music genre, you can take quite a few examples of his tunes to support this argument. With second cut he proves this extension of the dnb music by putting all the typical "amit" atmospheric sounds together with a non dnb tempo, subsequently adding the indian/south asian influenced sounds and samples. Nobody has ever done this before in such a distingushing way so thats why his work his often being recognized as "pushing the boundaries of dnb".
respect to this man!!
:towelie:

Probably one of my favourite producers of the last year

Anyone got any audio for any of his new bits? Ive not heard anything of his since 'Second Cut'...

sayber said:
The man is a fucking genius!!!!!!!! All about Myth!!

Got this one on white label. Really heavy!

I also like the dual sense/ roots single on Comm Suicide, as well as that pirates / gatecrasher on Headz.

For the most part i really dig what amit is doin but some of the variation between his tunes is minimal. Not to shit on his parade but for someone to destroy minds, he will need to continue to push the limits further with more variablity.

I'd like to see amit team up with some other experienced producers as this is sometime what is needed for an individuals music to evolve>

Back
Top Bottom