Amir - 'Cybernet Slut/Syberia' (Synthetic)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
'Cybernet Slut/Syberia' - Amir (Synthetic)

Never heard of this Dj Amir bloke but, mistaking him for Amit (who has a tune on L-Plates), gave this tune a listen and got well into it. Got to admit its the first Ive heard from the label too!
Anyway, the interestingly titled 'Cybernet Slut' kicks off in fine style with an upbeat techy rythym rumbling along until you come to the breakdown, where things get subtlely bleaker, with a plodding riff keeping along with main body. Similar in vein to Stakka & Skynet, this is a decent dancefloor number, although after about 5/6 minutes or so, it does begin to get a little tedious, so you better get mixin quick!
B-side 'Syberia' is the pick of the two for me here, getting started with clean breaks and all sorts of samples. Think Digital in a real good mood and your getting close to the flava of this one! An old skool-y stab comes fading in out of nowhere, and suddenly the drop comes with a bouncy bass and skippy beats making this one to keep people on their toes. After a while another breakdown eases the pace, winding things down only to build them right back up again to another drop!
Well, as I said, the first stuff Ive heard from (Dj) Amir and the label, but after a good first impression I'll definately be keeping an eye out for future releases - quality stuff!

Back
Top Bottom