amc.. next andy c ?

No doubt he is a very talented DJ and I respect what he is doing with his record label but for me all he thinks about is bringing in another tune permanently, imo this really compromises the two tunes currently in the mix and gives me a choppy, stop start vibe to his sets. For me a really good D&B DJ set is the structure of it rather then the double drop aspects, pace of the mixing as well as selection. Yes these elements make up the structure but I feel this is messed up with the way AMC mixes.

When in the mix with two tunes I rarely see him thinking about the EQ'ing as the priority which is surely a major part of the sound of a mix no? But rather "oh il just turn the bass down on one tune all the way so as I'm queing up another tune people wont really hear the little clangs and the stressed mids cause another tune will be in the mix asap" < this statement is based on what I have seen of videos of him mixing, so could be different in clubs ect.

The whole reason Andy is Andy is the feel he has for a crowd, knowing when to pick up the pace with a quick double drop or roll out a mix blending and tweaking to let the tunes do the talking, whilst drawing for the classics he is known for at the right times. Yes his beat matching speed is a major factor in his status as a very successful DJ but if you have the pleasure of watching him DJ closely he is always thinking about the mixer, gains, crowd reaction, EQing and the right tunes at the right time and wont just double drop tease, double tease for the sake of it but making sure they serve a purpose. AMC for me just thinks tune, tune, tune, for some people this may be their thing but not mine at all.

This may be a little bit of a harsh analysis on AMC as a DJ (I'm sure I'm a minor percentage in a massive pool of people loving his style and he plays out and I don't so who cares about my opinion) but when saying "the next Andy C" pretty much cause he can mix really fast is just a bit silly imo + I was really bored so ended up writing a essay lol.

Last edited:
Feel for the crowd.

Fucking lol...

Right tunes at the right time.

Fucking lol...

I actually wish somebody WOULD knock Andy off the top spot.

Make him pick up his game.

Becuase really & truly, if you're completely honest with yourselves, & have been listening d&b long enough, he's been predictable, stagnant, boring & so mainstream it hurts for at least 6 years...

Take your faces out of his arse.

Not saying AMC is the key by any means, but the level of Andy bumming in this thread is fucking sickening.

So many more diverse & talented dj's out there...

Last edited:
Look at Raiden/Skitty.

Just as a random example

DJ talent is eons beyond Andy... Blatantly, on every single level. Techinically.

If you disagree, you have no ears.

But they play filth.

Not synthy cancer tripe anthems hands in the air 17 e's & mephedrone.

I'm sure i'm in the minority in this opinion, but that makes me feel alot better about it...

:)

Feel for the crowd.

Fucking lol...

Fucking lol...

Becuase really & truly, if you're completely honest with yourselves, & have been listening d&b long enough, he's been predictable, stagnant, boring & so mainstream it hurts for at least 6 years...

Not saying AMC is the key by any means, but the level of Andy bumming in this thread is fucking sickening.

i'd agree with that but it is just personal preference. eg i prefer cyantific's 15 years of hospital mix to nightlife 5

Feel for the crowd.

Fucking lol...

Fucking lol...

I don't see why these points are not correct, could you explain why that aren't? You telling me he can't completely control a room with knowing when to draw for a dubplate or a classic tune to get that reaction that no other D&B DJ gets?

I love lots of other DJs for different reasons, Ed Rush is absolute badman behind the decks imo technically hes gota be top 3 or something like that. Perez is seriously up there, always draws for some sly gems people don't know about mixed with upfrontness and of course his serious back catalogue ect. Like there are other DJs out there but hes is the best and everyone says so because he proves it time and time again

I don't understand your Andy C hate? Yes lots of people bum him but for good reason, no? Yes he plays a lot more wank these days BUT put him in room 2 of fabric against Skitty & Raiden + any other DJs on a random night (not a RAM, Hospitality night ect where he clearly has to play a certain type of tunes for the crowd) and he would destroy them. They would be sick yes but its just he would be better, fact.

To quote Ed Rush:

"They dont call him The Executioner for nothing..."

Regardless of what you may think of Andy as a DJ, or his tune selection, whatever. There is no one who plays 170 bpm music better than Andy C. There are some amazing dj's out there (Ed Rush, Kasra, Break, Cyantific to name a few) but I dont think anyone presents a way to play d&b better than Andy C. Many will try, but no one will ever be as good if you ask me.

i know at least two members on here alone that i would rate up there talent-wise from mixes i have heard which are as good as andy c..

scene wise.. andy smashes it.. but there will be a new wave come through.. there always is.

If you were at this night, then you know the damage Andy caused at Headz that night. Say what you like but his set was next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel for the crowd.

Fucking lol...

Fucking lol...

LOL Been listening for 15 years Andy C is still clearly the best ha

Look at Raiden/Skitty.

Just as a random example

DJ talent is eons beyond Andy... Blatantly, on every single level. Techinically.

If you disagree, you have no ears.

But they play filth.

Not synthy cancer tripe anthems hands in the air 17 e's & mephedrone.

I'm sure i'm in the minority in this opinion, but that makes me feel alot better about it...

:)

I'd agree with you on andy's selection, its fucking awful a lot of the time, however when you do get a heads set its sheer brilliance

Its all ifs buts maybes and has beens innit...

Meh.

I'd love Andy to be sick again.

Now i see a tracklist and die a little inside.

Listen him live and feel there is something missing.

Whatever the weather.

I ain't looking an argument or to justify my opinion.

His sets bore me tears and the reason i get so passionate about it is because he's clearly so much better.

Innit.

Back
Top Bottom