april.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

Dub Phizix & Skittles - I`m a creator
Skeptical - Static
Fourward - Talk to me
Noisia & Spor - Falling Through
Calyx & TeeBee - Elevate this sound
Mefjus & M-Force - Struggle & Pain
Jubei ft. Flowdan - Say Nothin (Rockwell Remix)
Flosstradamus - Rollup (Baauer Remix)
Jubei ft. Flowdan - Say Nothin
Rockwell - Childhood Memories (Neosignal Remix)
Adele - Rollin in the deep (Spectrasoul Bootleg)
Kasra & Mefjus - Cypher
Audio - Creature Comforts
Black Sun Empire - All is lost (Memtrix Remix)
RAM Trilogy - Asylum
Interface - Get Down
Inside Info - Awkward
Ltj Bukem - Atlantis (Marky & S.P.Y. 12" Rework)
Mark System - Love Dub
Lynx, Hellrazor - Without Warning
Dub Phizix - Codec
Hazard - Against the clock
Nymfo - Matchstick VIP
Icicle - I feel you
Dub Phizix, Fox - Never Been
Enei, Kasra - So Real (Mefjus Remix)
Noisia - Diplodocus

Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Flaxo Remix)
Kendrick Lamar - m.A.A.d city
Andy Pain, Z Connection - Hunted
Phace - Strange Science
Ed Rush, Optical - Chubrub
Neonlight - Computer Music
Noisia, Phace - MPD
June Miller - Snapcase
Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix)
Konichi - Sekund Fort
Anile - Orthodox
Fresh - Heavyweight
Rido - Focus
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Spor - Stoppit
Optiv, BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix)
Hazard - Killers
Marky, XRS, Stamina MC - LK
RAM Trilogy - Milky Way
Skeptical - Blue Eyes VIP
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix)
D1, Jenna G - Flood of emotions (Enei Remix)
Black Sun Empire - Killing the light (Icicle Remix)
Noisia - Deception
Noisia - My World

Last edited by a moderator:
Will give this a listen for the next mix I listen to & can fit it in. Interested to see how 53 tunes in 58 minutes works out + a very varied tracklist.

Probably both subliminal or never listened to there mixes, but

Dub Phizix - Creator [Exit]
Skeptical - Static [Commercial Suicide]

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/158766-Koashy-3-Deck-Set-live-Cassiopeia-Berlin-(07-03-13)

03 Jubei feat. Flowdan - Say Nothin' (Rockwell Remix) [Razor's Edge]
04 Flosstradamus - Rollup (Baauer Remix) [Fool's Gold]

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...amp-BassArena-amp-Pioneer-DJ-Competition-2013

Going to be some longgg feedback for a long tracklist like that I feel.

Creators bleeps set the pace for Static's bouncey riddim to sit very well for the double. As mentioned, had heard this before & sounded wicked. Talk To Me came in well without having time to breath & did become slightly more powerful in the mix compared to Creator's lyrics. Both very choice teases, then back to Creator before Falling Through comes in to bring its mildly dirty bass bouncing on the beat, Elevate This Sound had done the rounds before dropping on its own for full effect.. Struggle & Pain's vocals ease in before the vocal in ETS comes back in for the drop on Struggle & Pain. Sweet mix with both tunes sitting well together, before Say Nothin rmx's vocals cut through the mix & the aforementioned tune to be switched & drop on its own. Rollup rmx is a wicked selection with Say Nothin rmx & had heard this mix before, but doesn't take away from how good the mix is. Back into the rmx of Say Nothin, after the Rollup rmx tease. Not sure I would have chosen to mix original Say Nothin out of Rollup rmx, but thats just me. Slight vocal clash with with the Say Nothin's overlap, but nothing major. Enjoyed hearing Childhood Memories' nursery rhyme notes coming in, for the vocal switch- back to the mix to work very well with the tease. Say Nothin's vocals say their last words just in time for Adele's vocals to come into the mix on the tail end of the mix. The half time structure of both tunes working very together. Little bit more of both vocals doing their thing at the same time, but Adele's drawn out words sitting underneath Flowdans deeper words. Cypher slipped under the radar, bringing a wicked energy to Rolling In The Deep rmx, got my head nodding right there :) fav mix so far. Not heard Creature Comforts before & it worked a treat with Cypher. I think All Is Lost rmx is in for the breakdown & its intro to build & drop on its own..... yeh it is, the Asylum comes in where I would like the mix to bring more energy. Love this tune & not heard it in a while + same can be said for Get Down.

Wicked mix with Asylum & need to play Get Down some more myself, Asylum pushing its hooks through the mix was a nice touch. Wanted Awkward to come it at the middle double halfway through the first part of Get Down & did just that. Not sure on the selection with Get Down, as that tune is pretty rolling & Awkward pretty coarse & has a choppy beat which kinda contrasts Get Down a little too much. Loved the switch to Atlantis rmx's memorable intro, with Love Dub's intro & stand out vocal in for its double. Second fav mix :) Was struggling to think what Without Warning sounded like, the double with Love Dub worked well with the Disco Dodo mk2, then the mix with Codec.... what a beast.... compliments Without Warning very well & reminds me to play Codec some more. Codec - Against The Clock is a quality mix.... didin't expect these 2 to go so well together, but they did + fair play for putting Against The Clock in the mix. Always like a bit of Hazard. Against The Clock - Matchstick vip was exceptional, loved how both those basses worked together. Also nice one for playing I Feel You how I like to mix it. Going to have to put that in a forthcoming mix myself, as it has sat for too long on my shelf. Never Been's intro builds before the breakdown in I Feel You for the switch to build & drop for full effect. Always found that one a bit weird, so don't mix myself. So Real rmx comes in very well without letting Never Been roll solo for too long. Woh! Diplodocus took me by surprise! Loved hearing that again & the mix with So Real rmx was wicked. Trumps the last two mixes that I said were my favourites :) Not keen on the way Swimming Pools came in, or the tune itself. Cuts the energy of the mix down a notch. The twist on the rmx was nicely moody underneath. Wasn't feeling M.A.A.D City either.... not sure how that would go down if I heard it out. Then when Hunter came in, it was a bit like here that tune.... now here's this tune. Hunted - Strange Science rolled out well. Strange Science slightly overpowering Hunted though. Strange Science - Chubrub bounced the neurofunk vibe between each tune, like both tunes were playing hot potato with the bass in that mix :) Computer Music was another new one for my ears, the intro of that build well for MPD's wooping intro notes to cut in for a choice double. Liked the little cuts in there too. Snapcase is in before too long. Hardly time to breath, but its hooks bounced wickedly in & out of MPD's memorable bassy bits.

Cold One rmx's note just before the main drop is in for the double drop half way through Snapcase's first half. Not heard Sekond Fort before, but did like hearing some Konichi contrasting the rolling flavours of Cold One rmx. Respect for playing Orthodox too! One of my all time favourite tunes & quite possible the first members mix I have seen it in :) will be making an appearance in one of my mixes soon. The blend with Heavyweight was wicked too..... thought both basses wouldn't work in the mix, but the way you ease Orthodox back slightly for the drums to still hang in there was nice. Loved hearing Focus cutting in the mix & the mix with Minimal Funk. Minimal Funk sounded overpowered by Focus when its nasty screw face hook came in. Great to hear Stoppit doing damage in the ride & setting up Whatever rmx SO well. The way those 2 sat with each other in the mix was quality! Another of my fav mixes in there :) The way the vocals in Whatever rmx did their thing, before cutting to the vocal in Killers, then back to the mix with Whatever before Killers dropped was wicked. Thought that Killers didn't compliment Whatever rmx though.... too different those 2 tunes. Cutting to LK's memorable vocals with Milky Way to work its magic was a nice tease & sets up the mild bass & dj friendly beats of Blue Eyes vip to do its thing effectively. Jaipur rmx rolled well off the tail end of Blue Eyes vip, thought it had gone, but it was still hanging in the mix. Flood Of Emotion rmx was nice to hear again in the mix, suitably placed toward the end of the ride. Killing The Light rmx was sat well with Jaipur rmx. Icicle's spin on BSE's tune doing its mildly hectic thing for the hooks in Jaipur rmx to push through. Deception sounding wicked in the mix. Had heard it before, but couldn't remember what it was, so thanks for triggering a memory. Vocals of My World came in well & both the last & penultimate tune sat well together, as you would expect from 2 Noisia tunes. But did like the way the different structured drums & dirty drawn out bass of My World contrasted Deception for the final mix.

A wicked variety of 4 deck / cdj selections on the go, intertwined with teases & switches, with about the right amount of each going on in there. All blended extremely well. EQ-ing was top drawer, occasionally with some vocals & the occasional tune sat a little back in the mix, but that is only a minor comment in a mix that was really a great listen. A huge amount of tunes that I would only expect someone like Hazard to pack into an hour long mix, without it becoming too cluttered or rushed. Sounded right, but jam packed with tunes all the way through. Just wasn't feeling the Kendrick Lamar central section, as I felt it lost where the mix was going.

Would be quality if you could have a listen to my latest mix & jot some thoughts Toolx - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...Mixes-(Amoss-To-Zero-T-amp-0-To-10)-100-vinyl

Last edited:
Going to be some longgg feedback for a long tracklist like that I feel.

Creators bleeps set the pace for Static's ...

Holy **** man, huge thanks for the massive feedback!
Yeah, the thing with the kendrick lamar breakdown is, i thought 1 hour just full power dnb becomes a bit to much, i like to switch it up a bit, sometimes with dubstep, sometimes glitch hop, sometimes trap. just to give the mix some breathing room.

Downloading your mix atm, gonna have a good listen asap and will give you some feedback, great deep tracklist; the stuff i like :D

Listened to this earlier, what a mad mix! Fav part was:

Andy Pain, Z Connection - Hunted
Phace - Strange Science
Ed Rush, Optical - Chubrub
Neonlight - Computer Music
Noisia, Phace - MPD
June Miller - Snapcase
Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix)

Loved the intro to, not overly keen on Creator but sounded really good in the mix so big up for that.
If I were to be honest I wasn't that keen on this section:

Mefjus & M-Force - Struggle & Pain
Jubei ft. Flowdan - Say Nothin (Rockwell Remix)
Flosstradamus - Rollup (Baauer Remix)
Jubei ft. Flowdan - Say Nothin
Rockwell - Childhood Memories (Neosignal Remix)
Adele - Rollin in the deep (Spectrasoul Bootleg

The transition from Struggle & Pain didn't sound 'right' to me, also Rolling in The Deeps vocals clashed with Say Nothing which didn't sound good at all. I also didn't like the dubstep section but that's just my opinion im sure others would love it.

You have great technical ability for sure, how you beat match and bring your tunes in quickly is hard to do so you've got the hard bits covered just maybe the track selection could be improved, look forward to the next ;)

thx for the feedback man, good that everybody has a different taste. i absolutely love the track selection, otherwise the tracks wouldnt be in there^^
interesting to see that not many people seem to enjoy the slowdown in pace in the middle of the mix.

Back
Top Bottom