Ambient film score (Dungeon theme)

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So a friend of mine asked me a while back to create an original score for a teaser trailer he is working on. He's big into film and especially dark horror. He gave me a couple of guidelines, wanted more of a soundscape, rather than something musical, the theme was a dungeon, and needed to be at least a couple of minutes long. Apart from that, I was free to do as I pleased.

Anyway, this is what I came up with, and he is happy with it, and so am I. Doing something completely out of your comfort zone can be surprisingly rewarding! Looking back, maybe there's a few things I would have changed, but for a first effort on something like this I cant complain.

So, this isnt drum and bass, it isnt dubstep, it isnt anything musical. It is a soundscape written for a short piece of film. If you still wanna listen, feel free, and I'd appreciate any feedback on it.

Another Mystical One! I like the heart beat, was that actually a sample of a heart beat or did you make it?

Nice one. I think you nailed it=) I can imagine walking through some damp and filthy caverns... Like the high pitched note eccoing at 0:40 and the "growling".
Good job on sampling your own heartbeat haha

This is how I feel when I fall in love I think you screwed up. Ahhh Just fucking with ya. Creepy man good job. Just herd your four to the flour multi-bass sample track. You should try and finish that might help with the block.

thats cool man, mega dark!

I want to give soundtracks or something a go, proper cool you got the opportunity and you did a smooth job too! :)

Back
Top Bottom