Ambient DnB track -- need feedback!

I think your ideas are there but a little bit all over the place.... some of the changes are too abrupt, going from one style in to another but without any natural transition.

The normal listner would notice a change that was bad rather than one that was good, the same thing i guess at noticing a bad mix by a dj.

If it transends well in to a differnt style beat or tempo the listner would be going with it,

If its a sudden change - the listner will be left in the cold feeling there tune theyve been enjoying has just STOPPED (as the change is so sudden they have no reference of what came before in the new bit) .

I thaught that reece noize at the start needs to come in later - Progression

Just think about the structure of the track, use the strings and vocals at the start, maybe transend slowly the spanish bit but allways thinking where its going to go.

The heavyier darker elements (reece) should really be later in the tune.

The drums need layering to bring them out more but firstly you need to work on structure and the transition between parts.

What setup are you using.... I hope i helped

If you need advice or help AIM disfunctionuk, or mail me through the forum

I have been producing two years, i have only just got some dyn audio monitors so this track sounds a bit moody but i guess the structure is getting there... what do ya think?

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=565231&T=9852

Last edited:
Re: F***ing Good Concept!!!

LISTENING NOW MAN!!
Mate this tune is a killer concept!!!!!
The mixture between the absolutely haunting vocal and the guitar goes well with the reese and the techy delayed stabs. The "liquid" elements are fused with darker sounds well and the texture and sound of the beat.

I agree with what Disfunction has to say about the layout, progression and general audience though. I know you posted it as "ambient" but with a bit of changing (in the layout and make the beat a little fatter) this could become a monster track that (in my opinion) would be anything but ambient!!!! (Sounds very much in the vein of new school John B tunes i think!!!)

I would be interested in remixing this man, if you fancy a swap check out my thread to my tunes in this forum and tell us which of mine you'd like to remix yourself and maybe we can switch .wavs?

Peace an Love dude
Keep it up!!!
Fozzy B

Disfunction: Yeah, I agree with the layout problems and progression. Never really thought about that too much, but after listening to the song again keeping in mind what you said, I agree with you (although not necessarily about the transitions, coz as long as the listenes have the drum track to follow, I think transitions can be hard, which makes it interesting).

I'll restructure the song, bring in the heavier/darker elements later and try to build up a better progression.

The drums are already heavily layered, but I'll work on that and make them thicker.

You asked me about my gear: its mostly outboard gear, some nice synth and stuff (MOOG, etc), mixed through my Allen & Heath board, with quality converters into my RME lightpipe sound card. All fx are within Logic 5.5 on a PC. The drums are the only VSTs (Battery 2). Its my firts track using Battery, so there's plenty of room for improvements once I learn how to use Battery properly. Vocals are sampled from a Spanish CD and loaded into Kontakt.

Fozzy: thanks for the kind words! Def interested in remixing. Never done that before, so just let me know what you need (each track in separately WAV files? There's tons of little bits & pieces, so sending the individual elements would be a nightmare, I guess :weirdo: *LOL*)

Nice One Man!!!

Nice One Giga!!!
I have not done a remix ever either so it would be fresh ground for both of us!!!!
Your tune has so many different elements (esp that vocal!!!) it sparked my creativity.

Check out my tunes on this forum and think about which of mine you wanna do.
Best thing i think is to mix down the first 4-8 bars of each sound in the song (unless it is a sample which runs longer than that) and then stick it all in a folder and messenger it across.
(ANYONE THINK OF ANY BETTER IDEAS TO HELP POST THEM UP!! :rave:)

My MSN messenger is linked to my email which is: fozgoblin2003@yahoo.co.uk
My AIM is DjFozzyB
HIT ME UP!!!

Do you Sample all your outboard gear in to audio, i am saying this cus ive got loads of songs produced with just outboard and the beats in vsti's.

I do things different now...... I sample everything in 24 bit and work with the audio, i guess u r as u use logic.

This has the advantage of being able to keep a audio backup of the parts of your tune and also allows you to manipulate the sounds further...

i was prob a little harsh with my comments as d n b is allways about doing new things, but i do know as a listner what i like and "EAR CANDY" is it.

Back
Top Bottom