Am i gettin old???

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, Feb 22, 2005.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

Am I getting old???

I am 25 this year. :moe:

HMMM.

Whenever i go to a rave I always get suprised by how young everyone looks.

Even the promoter is a young 'un.

Going out is a huge mission these days.

Hangovers are terrible.

I dont get ID'd for beer anywhere.

I go out for meals in proper restaruants with girls not maccy d's or pizza hut.

My mates all have proper jobs and rent nice houses.

One of my mates i smarried, one is engaged.

I have been engaged once already.

One of my mates wants a kid soon.

I once went shopping for some furniture with my ex-girl friend

i hate students.

people on pills piss me off.

i say im loking for a career not 'job'

Me and my friends always talk about how music (especially hip hop) was better six years ago and how dnb is too 'complicated' these days.

All the hedonistic DJ's i used to love all have kids n say how they are 'changed' now. plus they are starting to look older.

When we all go out we look for 'quiet pubs' with no loud banging house music.

I have started to like old 60's soul music.

films are crap these days!

Am i getting old???
    shit!
    help! :moe:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

yes hehe.....but i'm only 21 and have a few of those features. just think only 5 years till the big 30, sorry only joking. i know a few 25yr olds that are still acting 17 what would you prefer?

3. V Matt

V Matt Member

if you think your hangovers are bad now wait until you hit 30 :cry:

4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

25 this year also, dang.

5. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

same here...shit

basicly, after turning 25, you cease to be considered a young person.
    cant get a railcard
    your a "mature" student
    and that fukin 19 year old girl at tescos keeps calling me "sir"...!!!
    (bitch...id headbutt her if she wasnt that fit..)

it does make feel bad man, but on the other hand there are some good points bout this over 25 ting

they treat you better at the bank

you CAN moan about how hip hop/jungle/skacore was better 6 years ago

car insurance is shockingly cheaper

when visiting music shops (just to drool over that xone 92), salesmen actually pitch you, rather than ask you to move away and put out that fag..

fuck it man, theres nothin you can do to change that, so you might as well get used to it, and act your age (stoopid pun, i know, sorry)
    Just think of all the girl of the same age you hang out with when you were 18. They all was goin out with some 25 year old bloke who had a car. Now you can be that guy!!!
    :bounce: (yn) :teeth:

6. mesh

mesh Active Member

The early twenties are to the late twenties, what Saturday night is to Sunday morning.

Hey its all true, you're an old cunt.

:teeth:

7. chili

chili chili

i turned 25 in january its worse for us girls u know!!!!

i still love my raving tho... but yaeh...hahah the promotors r like 20 yrs old thats eeek.... an all the lads r much younger... dnot particualrily want a toy boy

now im startin to think... gonna be left on the shelf for ever... my ex form over 2 yrs ago dumped me n settled down striaght away wtih a 17 yr old... so that put a huge dent in my ego!!!

also ive got 5 yrs left to find some1 settledown an have babies....arrghhhh an in between all that i want to go travelling....

oh welll i do still enjoy partyin an a lot of my mates r single so we all in the same boat!! n im gettin better jobs etc now... so there are pluses... plus odler n wiser i dont get fuct around as much....

my hangopvers arent that bad yet either,... pros n cons as i say

think my fave age had to be 16/17 tho!!! not a care in the world! :)

8. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

Fucking sounds like me heheh

9. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I'm single :teeth:

DNBforum Dating Service anyone?

10. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

You 25 year old have nothing to complain about.

Wait till you hit the big two nineooo.

Everybody at a rave is younger. All the fits girls are 10 years younger and you feel like a paedophile. YOU'RE A GRANDDAD to every girl you meet. You realize with a shock you're older than the bouncer and you're closer in age to the manager than the average punter.

You have to be a dj to get any respect from the kiddies and even then, all the youngsters are better than you.

Pills are crap and everybody expects you to be on coke if you're still up at 5 am.

Hangovers last for two days.

All your friends apart from the basket cases and the weirdos have kids and are married... which means you're a weirdo basket case.

Your longtime girlfriend and first love of your life is getting divorced (!). Any single female friends complain that they have to go out with desperate thirty year olds...

You feel bad about going to a dnb rave and having a kebab with some random git instead of the theatre and talking politics over a bottle of pinot noir at an Italian restaurant.

You're thinking car loans, mortgages and credit card bills. And you're parents are getting creakey and leaving middle age... which you're just about to hit.

Fuck that!

Still, life is beautiful!

11. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

:cry:
    can we plz change the subject?
    and delete this thread
    shit...

12. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Christ, cheers for bringing us down to earth Dustek :uberlaugh (y)

13. PeTzZz

PeTzZz Retired DnB Listener

Oh, you oldies! Don't cry, please!

:hotpants:

14. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

ok i feel better now my out look is much more positive....here are some reasons why being 25 is (or older) is cool!

1. You can appreciate the finer things in life more(ie food, sex, beer, going out, music) as your time is more valuable.

2. You can moan with the knowledge that you do actually know best.

3. You (supposedly) have more money.

4. as mentionecd before you can go into shops and get treatede like a person and not like you are gonna knick something.

5. you can get bank loans.

6. People are more educated in the ways of the bed (ie sexx) so generally bed times are more fun than when u r a 18 year old fumblin about.

7. going out involves more than a bottle of cider dwon the park.

8. you dont have to 'have a few beers to save money' before yopu get to the pub/club (although i still do!!, force of habit!)

9. your not a fukin student scum bag anymore! (wahey!)

10. work doesnt involve being in a factory/ macdonalds/ building site.

11. your taste in music is refined to perfection. I know what is good and what isnt and why! haha!

12. er.....i cant think of any more.....er...you have a better car now...??? er....

15. chili

chili chili

im gettin alll tehm now an im just 25!!!! :violin:

16. oldskool_girl

oldskool_girl Random Hero

Hey there,
    I'm a 23-yr-old female & I can relate!

I do feel old at a rave beside all the 'supposed' 18-yr-olds, I still go to clubs dreaming they would play JUST ONE Paul Elstak tune, I look back very fondly but quite strangely obssesively at old Fantazia videos wishing I was still there, I look out my old raving outfits (& sometimes even try them on - SAD!), I still want to crimp my hair even though I end up looking like a mid-30's transvestite, I still listen to all my old rave tapes even though they are virtually inaudible & sometimes get chewed up...

Still...
    I can buy cheap cider without getting ID'd (I now just get a weird look as if 'why the fuck are you buying that, you loony!', my tits are much bigger than they were, I do know what music I like & don't like, I have a 'career' & a considerabley larger bank balance than I did when I was a teen - which doesn't mean saving - it means MORE PARTYING! And as for the sex... it really does get better with age!!!

So, overall I think you do get a bit saddened at getting older & feeling older, but in the long run we should still feel good about it all & be glad we lived through some of the best raves that the world will never come close to again.

Enjoy becoming an old fart everyone, just do it with a light-stick in your hands & a smile on your face!!!

Luv,
    Diane x x x

17. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Lightstick? Fuck no!

I'm getting old with a reefer in my hand, a hood on my head, a proper junglist frown (at the djs mixing) on my face and a junglette on my lap. Well at least three out of four...

PLUR hehehehe.

18. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

i guess that advantage to getting older is one everyone can appreciate!haha! problem is they go through a 'peak' and then three years later the go southwards!

:slick: -enjoy em while u can!