Am I a totally disrespectful song title thief?

junglistguy2221

Drum & Bass Producer
VIP Junglist
need to know whether I'm crazy or not... I have an EP called 'Into the Void' and have some guy on soundcloud claiming I ripped off his track 'Into the Void.' I have never heard of this producer let alone read his track names. It's interesting to note that he's slagging me off like I'm completely evil, yet he doesn't know Black Sabbath did a track called Into the Void. check the soundcloud link in my sig and his comment is there for you to read. I'm intrigued to know whether it's just me that sees how ridiculous this is!!

This is quite funny considering nucleoid is a member here.

is this some sort of attempt at self promotion?

not at all. I can't exactly explain the situation without letting people read the comments. I wouldn't be bothered about posting just the EP up for feedback and promotion, so I wouldn't use an excuse for that purpose!!!

and glad the other ppl replying agree. i've told him pretty bluntly what a ridiculous statement it is. hopefully he'll realise he's got an attitude problem.

hahah the guy who said that is a member on here
but to be honest u cant really rip off a name into the void isnt exactly original sounding
if it was something like hfvyvgrsxytfr an u had the same track title i could understand.lol

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

dont pay attention to anything dirty breaks says he's just a little faggot

lol! oh my god u made a tune with the same name as someone else.... ermm.. there are soo many tunes with the same names as other tunes.. they're not ripping anyone off, chances are they probs aint even heard the other persons tune...

And lets be honest with absolutely no offence intended...but into the void isnt exactly the most unique title is it??? i mean if you do some hunting you'll probs find 1000 different tunes, eps, albums, artists all with that name...

lol! oh my god u made a tune with the same name as someone else.... ermm.. there are soo many tunes with the same names as other tunes.. they're not ripping anyone off, chances are they probs aint even heard the other persons tune...

And lets be honest with absolutely no offence intended...but into the void isnt exactly the most unique title is it??? i mean if you do some hunting you'll probs find 1000 different tunes, eps, albums, artists all with that name...

don't worry mate i wouldn't take offense, the whole reason i was shocked by this was that he thought it was impossible for someone to put those 3 words together, besides him of course..

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

he messaged me on soundcloud...

"Okay fair enough, I will delete them.

I'm sorry to have caused you this trouble, I just wanted to be 100% certain that you didn't take this name because of my songs, because I think that is very low.
I did not mean this offensive in the way you believed I did, I just wanted to be sure that you did not rip it off.
And now I know that you did not, so thank you, in a way.

Regards,
Q"

looks like he came to his senses!!

I feel like I need to say something in regards of Nucleoid.

Nucleoid released his ep "Into the void" on my label a few weeks ago.
In the meantime I got signed at TDM records.
after that an Ep popped up called Into the Void on TDM Records.
So the two ep's are closer to each other than you were probably aware off.
I understand that in Nucleoid's eyes it would be possible that you were checking out the other artists on TDM records,
which would lead to me, which would lead to me record label, which would lead to Nucleoid's ep.

But as said before the title is a bit common.
My favourite one: Nine Inch Nails - Into the Void =D

I feel like I need to say something in regards of Nucleoid.

Nucleoid released his ep "Into the void" on my label a few weeks ago.
In the meantime I got signed at TDM records.
after that an Ep popped up called Into the Void on TDM Records.
So the two ep's are closer to each other than you were probably aware off.
I understand that in Nucleoid's eyes it would be possible that you were checking out the other artists on TDM records,
which would lead to me, which would lead to me record label, which would lead to Nucleoid's ep.

But as said before the title is a bit common.
My favourite one: Nine Inch Nails - Into the Void =D

I didn't know this whatsoever! He didn't even explain this to me when he messaged me. he went off on a rant using the words "low", "disrespectful", "stealing" etc. etc. so he didn't state his case well at all!! i'd never heard of him, and havn't yet looked at TDM's other artists, just listened to the tracks on their soundcloud.

still, the music is what people buy/listen for. i've definitely never bought an album cuz it had a nice title.

Back
Top Bottom