Always make sure your Breaks work on ur Mountain bike

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Radius, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Yep nearly dropped a load in my pants today when I realised I needed to sort out my brakes, but it was too late cos I had reached terminal velocity........DOH !!:eek:

2. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

my dad did exactly the same thing when he was a kid, and his face didn't even look human by the time he'd stopped eating gravel. it was pretty horrific, so i was told.

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

A mate of mine was heading home from the shops on his bike one xmas night when he was 15, with a plastic shopping bag swinging from his handlebars. As he turned the corner downhill into his street at high speed ... well you can guess. The bag swung forward and down and caught in his front wheel (racing bike), propelling him well over the handlebars and onto his face. now this young man used to have light freckles on his face, but he scraped them off his nose onto the road!! I think they have come back slowly ... 15 years later. Lcuky he wasnt hideously deformed I reckon.

When I was little I used to have a bmx that had those cheap back-pedal brakes, you know when your chain comes off they STOP WORKING! too many close calls on that, usually the way to stop was to run into something. kids can survive anything, if I did that shit now I'd break a hundred bones.

4. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I always check the amens on my bike before I go for a ride.

5. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

My friend and I were bombing it down a track in the woods last year and being a competitive sort of person he tried to overtake me, instead he hit a rut at about 35 miles and hour and shattered his collar bone and ball socket into 11 peices !!!!!
    Golden rule if you start to prang kick ur bike away..especially if its a motorbike...I should know I had 48 stiches when i Pranged one of those.....