Alternatives to the krk 10s

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I have some krk monitors and ideally i would like the 10s sub to go with them but at £300+ I wanted to know if there are any cheaper alternatives.

Is this possible? I'm not even sure on the specifics about how to hook them all up. I'm assuming you run xlr cables from you mixer into the sub and the monitors plug into the sub.

so yeah.... help/suggestions

I've looked into this myself and unfortunately, the only compatible alternatives are more expensive. I know dropping that much loot can be a royal pain in the ass, but if you purchase it through zzounds.com, they give you the option to break your payment up into 4 installments so you don't have to drop the whole bounty up front.

My production partner (msmith222) just picked up that KRK 10S and has nothing but great things to say about it. It's actually the next toy on my list.

Cheers.

I LOVE MY 10S!!! fills out the "missing" bottom end on the KRKs. But it was expensive - i used the old gift card strategy for xmas and it only cost me $150. but get the XLR cables, they will be much better than the unbalanced RCA connections.

I LOVE MY 10S!!! fills out the "missing" bottom end on the KRKs. But it was expensive - i used the old gift card strategy for xmas and it only cost me $150. but get the XLR cables, they will be much better than the unbalanced RCA connections.

as always. If you're gonna be spending money on pro audio gear, spend some on quality cables as well :)

as always. If you're gonna be spending money on pro audio gear, spend some on quality cables as well :)

THIS IS SO TRUE - YOU WORRY BOUT SPENDING £600 ON MONITORS , WELL HOW ABOUT £300 ON WIRES

CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES ARE NOT REALY CHEAPER IF YOU CONSIDER BUYING IT TWICE PLUS BEACUSE OF POOR QUALITY!

:rtfm:

caps lock on screaming.jpg

lol

I've looked into this myself and unfortunately, the alone accordant alternatives are added expensive. I apperceive bottomward that abundant boodle can be a aristocratic affliction in the ass, but if you acquirement it through zzounds.com, they accord you the advantage to breach your transaction up into 4 installments so you don't accept to bead the accomplished compensation up front.

Not sure what language/syntax this is or why there's a need for the annoying abundance of awful alliteration that seems to be directed at my response to the OP. So you're either a BOT or an asshole.

I've looked into this myself and unfortunately, the only compatible alternatives are more expensive. I know dropping that much loot can be a royal pain in the ass, but if you purchase it through zzounds.com, they give you the option to break your payment up into 4 installments so you don't have to drop the whole bounty up front.

My production partner (msmith222) just picked up that KRK 10S and has nothing but great things to say about it. It's actually the next toy on my list.

Cheers.

most of us from the UK m8, buying from sites like that in the US usually involves custom charges which make it work out that we should of shopped in the UK anyway

most of us from the UK m8, buying from sites like that in the US usually involves custom charges which make it work out that we should of shopped in the UK anyway

Shit I completely forgot about the whole custom charge thing. Apologies for my neglecting to take that into consideration when I posted the recommendation. Thanks for the knowledge mrsfx.

Damn custom charges.

Cheers.

i got the 10 and its fucking ridiculous, its way too loud for what we need, mine is always on the minium gain.. But with that in mind, you can make some noise if you use it for parties/djin etc.. Shake the fucking house down!

I do like it but you need to get a pedal switch to turn it on/off when mixing a track down - an absolute must imo.. no switch, no point..

Back
Top Bottom