Altering BPM of Drum Loops?

B

BDS

Ive got some loops that go at about 160 but need to reduce them down to about 140 or up to 174 ish.

anyone know how/what i can use to do this?

I use FL.8

ta.

bung the loop in the fruity slicer

Find the loop in the browser on the left, right click and choose "open in the fruity slicer" or "open with slicex" if you new to FL open with the fruity slicer (easier to use if ya new).

Now you will be able to create endless drum combos using the piano roll function ;)

first the you have to adjust the bpm meter, its somewhere near the top of the interface. i might be misunderstanding your request here tho lol, let me know

like state said, i'm sure a loop always plays at the speed you have the bpm counter set to. mine seem to anyway.

So to combine the info here basically there is a BPM counter and you can adjust your BPM counter to set the BPM for the track. Once you've set the BPM, anything you stick into the slicer will automagically adjust the slice timing to the current BPM.

Additionally, if you prefer to stretch the loop in the playlist ala Acid style, FL will adjust the BPM by applying the stretch function you select in the samples panel. Default is resample on mine I'm using v 7.

Either way you do it when you adjust the BPM counter FL will resample, restretch or reslice the loop so it's in sync with your current BPM.

Things to consider are ensuring your loop samples are in a slicable format (4/4, 2/4, 2 bars of 4 stuff like that). When using voice or speech samples by selecting the 'speech' option in the sample menu, you ensure FL will fit your sample without changing the pitch (mostly).

Hope that helps.

i like to work in audio...
i think its much faster
than double handling
the loop in a sampler...

chop up the break...
takes all of about 2 secs
in steninberg sequencers
and rearrange...

bump it into the playlist and stretch it till it fits.

theres an "detect bpm" function aswell.

all about fiddling.. gl!

If you do this, make sure you change the sample settings in the envelope to pro default. This will stop the stretching adjusting the pitch

Isnt there a simple time-stretching option like in Logic? Double click audio file, functions, Time & Pitch machine, enter original pitch and pitch you want to stretch it to and process! Done done and i mean done!

Back
Top Bottom