Already posted months ago, but revisited track.

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Rajstah Vibe, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

I know that it's a second posting, but I couldn't finish this track last winter and I totally love the sounds in it.
    So I decided that it was a shame to let this tune die in the hard drive and picked up for some editing.
    Unfortunately due to a lack of space, I can't use the monitors atm and I will need some advice for mixdown levels, although there's a mastering chain on the master channel to squeeze some rms out of it...

So, any fresh opinion is welcome!

2. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

right, so overall this is sounding good man.

like-
    -intro is quality, good percussion, good atmosphere, vocals add a good mood to it too
    - bass - great bass sounds here, lots of good synthesis going on, lots of variation. maybe a tad too loud on the high/mid end? maybe
    - drums - punchy as fuck, tops are great aswell, good work#
    -4.28 is a great little edit

dislike-
    -not a lot really, the mixdown needs a tiny bit of work, some conflicting stuff especially in the second drop, more in the top end id say
    -build up, i think you could have a longer buil up to be honest, it drops so heavy and i dont feel the build does it justice
    - the fill just before the drop could do with more volume

overall a great track, just needs a bit of polishing on the mix down!

edit- you cant embedd private tracks with a free soundcloud fyi, i discovered this the other day!

Rajstah Vibe likes this.
  3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Sounding nice man! Bass is nice and crispy and I really liked the vocal samples. Cartel pretty much covered the most of it but I also heard that the snare got pushed back by the bass at a couple places.

I taught that the percussion work in the intro was great too. The ambiental stuff in this track could be the best thing about it imo!

Rajstah Vibe likes this.
  4. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

I don't know why the hell I decided to do such a cheesy rising kick roll as build up... every time I hear that build in a track I get fucking annoyed.. I can't believe I did it! lol
    One day I'll change the build up!
    And yeah, I've been shy with the tom rolls.

Second drop has an additional airy crash that add noise and air to the breaky pattern, I probably should equalise a bit better to don't jam the tops.
    I NEED A PROP STUDIO!!!! I'm sick of bedrooms and living rooms!

Right, I really appreciated your feedbacks! Exactly what I needed. (y)