Almost finished with this WIP, deep percussive vibes.

Misti

Keep It Rolling
Yo guys,

Been hacking away at this tune the past couple days and it's at a point I'm reasonably satisfied with it, just needs some filling out in places and maybe a bit of variation in the second drop. Thought this would be the perfect time to ask for some feedback given I'm putting the finishing touches on it, any and all criticism is welcomed!

Sorry to be a pain, but you're gonna have to click the link to the private track :)

www.soundcloud.com/phonikdnb/hybrids-wip-rough-master-1/s-mEyPh

All the best

Last edited:
Sounds beautifully crisp as I would expect. Drums sound very nice and the bass is really smooth.

The only real constructive critiscm I can give is that the higher plucks/synth sounds that come in after the drop (01:08) seem a fraction of a beat behind where I'm expecting them to be. Can't quite get them in time with my head nodding! Not saying they sound bad at all.

As an aside that artwork for the Lost Souls Ep is amazing.

Drums sound nice and upfront. Like the glassy percussion noises used. Bass sounds nice and full and well rounded. Got my head going, very nice! I'd like a bit more snap on the snare but that's just my own personal preference. Maybe also quite nice for those glassy percussion bits to drop out in the 2:40 section, just to keep them fresh and so the listener doesn't get tired of them. That section at 5:05 is nice!!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Had a wee mess about with the rhythm and timing of the percussion and couldn't really get it to sit right any other way, the melody came from a quantised "Melody to midi" from some really strange 3/4 sample hence the wonky-ness of it, but I think that's what gives it it's character! Yeah man how sick is the artwork!? It's my friend Sean who designed it, think he's getting a folio site/page up soon.

Also cheers for your input Sunder, that's a great idea taking them out for the bridge section, stops it sounding too repetitive with the first verse and should make it knock that little bit harder when it kicks back in. I also don't know if there's any way I can make the snare punch through any more, got FM8 under it reinforcing the fundamental and 3rd 5th and 7th harmonics whilst being smashed through iZotope Alloy's multiband transient shaper. If you have any more tips for creating a punchier snare I'd love to hear them!

ah I'm definitely no expert at getting punchier snares, and to be honest i think yours sounds fine as is so I wouldn't massively worry - think it punches through enough already. if you really wanted to you could try a bit of saturation though or layering some white noise in there. These are just suggestions though and it currently works so don't feel like you have to change it!

Back
Top Bottom