ALLEN & HEATH XONE 22

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by bigdave1992, Apr 30, 2009.

1. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

Im looking on buyin a two channel mixer and ive got around £300... the two that have really caught my eye are

ALLEN & HEATH XONE 22
    KORG KM 202 - 2 CHANNEL MIXER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was wandering if anyone had any experince with these or advice...

cheers :)

2. Synx

Synx Member

Out of curiosity, what shop did you find stocking the Xone:22?

And for pure credentials, the Xone:22 seems like a very safe bet; people only ever have good things to say about Allen & Heath. It's very new though, so you're unlikely to find anyone with experience of using it.

3. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

apparently the kaoss pad is a beast but the built on the mixer is shite...A&H will last ya man, go with that.

4. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

hard to find records

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR290282

5. Wazza

Wazza Its Not Relevant is it

cant go wrong wiv allen & heath mate. most reliable mixers goin. How much they want for the xone22???

6. Wazza

Wazza Its Not Relevant is it

my bad just seen the link. £299 is a bargain

7. DJ Wizz

DJ Wizz Bless, Union, Force FM

ive got a kaoss pad mini and am gonna buy the xone 22 for my bday in a few weeks. that way ive got the best of both worlds and suggest you do the same... i havnt used the KP mixers but from what ive read and heard the build quality aint there and the knobs are small and flimsy... allen and heath are bad fucking boy as theyre almost everywhere u play out these days and those filters r amazang!

wot i wanted to add to the discussion and ask was if the a&h crossfaders were any good for scratching? my gemini crossfader has a scratch setting but u have to move the fader quite a way to get the sound in. any1 have any ideas or thorts?

8. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

To scratch you want to set the Crossfader curve as sharp as possible, like this /-\ as opposed to something like an X which will be gradual !

hope that makes sence :)

9. DJ Wizz

DJ Wizz Bless, Union, Force FM

yer i get that... its just on sum faders the / \(as u very accurately described the curve) doesnt occur until the fader is a good distance across. i have scratched on mixers where the fade begins instantly as u move the fader and it makes it alot easier and helps bundles. i was wondering if the allen and heaths were good for this or is it something that only scratch specific mixers have?

10. Propz G13 Recs

Propz G13 Recs G13 Records Management

i have had a XONE 62 for 6/7 yrs now its got amazing sound quality. About 1 yr a go the channels all started breaking and in the end the power supply went. i delayed sending it for repair for ages thinking coz i payed so much for it, it would cost alot to repair. Over the time it was broken we where using a pioneer djm600 they are fukin shite man in the end the sound quality was so BAD i thought i'm just gonna face the music and see how much it was gonna cost to get the XONE repaired. i sent it to an authorized repair centre for a total repair it cost me £90 incl VAT, i can't believe i waited so long put up with the pioneer the sound difference is unreal i recommend an allen & heath 100%

11. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

yeah nice 1, no chance of sellin my old djm600 on here now..cheers..LOL

12. wordnz

wordnz Member

Xone 22 in a heartbeat mate. Its cheaper at chemical http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=XONE22

Same sound quality as the Xone 92, same filter as Xone 92 (except there is only 1, and no band pass filter) = awesome

XLR, booth monitor AND record outputs = awesome.

I was going to buy one myself, but I got a 2nd hand Vestax PCV-275 instead, because it was a lot cheaper.

13. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

cheers everyone :D im gonna buy the xone 22