ALL TIME DNB GREATS??

Has no one mentioned Hyper D?!

Dr S Gachet
Fabio
Rider
GQ

all the AWOL/GLO/V lot. This thread could go on for a while!

some people are way off the mark in this thread lol.

I think you'll find that all the A.W.O.L. dj's have been mentioned,plus Bukem(GLO).
Everyone mentioned in all the replies of this thread warrent a place.
I dont think MC's can come into it really as you need the dj's to have the party,you can t go to a party with no dj and just the mc.
Without dj's you would'nt have mc's.

Last edited:
Has no one mentioned Hyper D?!

Dr S Gachet
Fabio
Rider
GQ

all the AWOL/GLO/V lot. This thread could go on for a while!

some people are way off the mark in this thread lol.

:applause:

the rider thom? didnt think he would be hairy-liquidy enough for yourself...

most of the djs mentioned here are quite samey tbh -as seems to be standard in dnb quite often (indi's list excluded :applause: )

all can deliver a decent set, but are there any truly inspirational djs in dnb today?? (perhaps compared with djs from other genres, for instance turntablists in hip hop e.g qbert, mixmaster mike et al...)

there are many quality djs, but i think the dominance of the mainstream of the 'top ten' commercial tunes spoils it - also perhaps being outside of london, we dont get particularly cutting-edge sets

Last edited:
most of the djs mentioned here are quite samey tbh -as seems to be standard in dnb quite often (indi's list excluded :applause: )

all can deliver a decent set, but are there any truly inspirational djs in dnb today?? (perhaps compared with djs from other genres, for instance turntablists in hip hop e.g qbert, mixmaster mike et al...)

there are many quality djs, but i think the dominance of the mainstream of the 'top ten' commercial tunes spoils it - also perhaps being outside of london, we dont get particularly cutting-edge sets

yeh i totally understand what u mean at big events djs are almost pre programmed to play the hottest top ten tunes out there and u get a lot of tune overlapping fucking anoying i dont think u can go to major event without tc- tockstar being dropped at least 4 times

however when u get the djs playing at thier local clubs thats when they truely shine i used to see andy c day in day out at fabric drop some monster tunees!! outta no where

yeh i totally understand what u mean at big events djs are almost pre programmed to play the hottest top ten tunes out there and u get a lot of tune overlapping fucking anoying i dont think u can go to major event without tc- tockstar being dropped at least 4 times

however when u get the djs playing at thier local clubs thats when they truely shine i used to see andy c day in day out at fabric drop some monster tunees!! outta no where

maybe i am being a bit monday morning pescimistic!

andy blatantly is heavy tho, as im sure we have all witnessed

i probably need to spend more time locking in to radio sets etc, to give the djs more of a chance and not suffer my unwarranted criticism!

Yes, that is true, but i do feel certain mc's have put alot into the scene, and should deserve to be appraised in this thread.

Yeah i know what you mean but i think i could roll out 20 or more dj's and producers before i would start on mc's.....GQ and Hyper D would be level pegging as my greatest.

yeah they shaped the early years, they finished around 94/95 when mikey b left, but still.

it's all drum and bass to me, fuck all the other tags...hardcore, intelligent, darkside, jungle, hard step, techstep, jump up...blah blah blah

yeah they shaped the early years, they finished around 94/95 when mikey b left, but still.

it's all drum and bass to me, fuck all the other tags...hardcore, intelligent, darkside, jungle, hard step, techstep, jump up...blah blah blah

fair enough (y)

saw them at concorde not long ago, but tbh were disapointing - proper standard ratpack style set

...but i cant judge them on that obviously

mad p in his day was spot on (although sounding suspiciously mashed usually!)

I think you'll find that all the A.W.O.L. dj's have been mentioned,plus Bukem(GLO).
Everyone mentioned in all the replies of this thread warrent a place.
I dont think MC's can come into it really as you need the dj's to have the party,you can t go to a party with no dj and just the mc.
Without dj's you would'nt have mc's.

Of course MCs can come into it. They've been an intrinsic part of this scene since the hardcore days.

If you wanna say that without DJs there's no party, without producers there are no tunes and you can go in circles. There are MCs who have been around since the start... Shit, even MCs are making tunes Verse, Rymetyme, Conrad, SP et al.

While we're at it some more MCs who have made a massive contribution

Five O
Conrad
Bassman
Moose
Navi
Ragga Twins

Some I ain't even that big on but they are definately 'greats'.

Last edited:
Of course MCs can come into it. They've been an intrinsic part of this scene since the hardcore days.

If you wanna say that without DJs there's no party, without producers there are no tunes and you can go in circles. There are MCs who have been around since the start... Shit, even MCs are making tunes Verse, Rymetyme, Conrad, SP et al.

Five O
Conrad
Bassman
Moose
Navi
Ragga Twins

where is moose these days??

he used to be a classic early morining whineing/growling early morning end/fabric showman...

Five O
Conrad
Bassman
Moose
Navi
Ragga Twins

I know what your saying that MC's can come into it but they would'nt be around if it were'nt for the producers and Dj's,they make and play the tunes,they should always come first,they did come first,the MC's came after.
Dont get me wrong i love the MC side to the scene but i think Djs and producers are more important and are the staple of the scene.
I seen the MC side grow and grow into something more then what i thought it would be,at my 1st rave (about 91) it was just some geezer shouting random shit,everyone was so off their faces they loved him,even he was off he's face and would say what ever we asked him which was quite funny.
Anyway.......now looks at MC's,they travel the world and are seen to be just as important as the Dj's that do the same,even though they are great at what they do but i still think they should play second fiddle to the Dj imho.
And i dont think bassman,the ragga twins and 5ive-o are greats,they aint bad but their far from greats:crazy:
Conrad,Navi and moose...now your talking!

Yeah, I see where you're coming from bro. I think some MCs these days have a superiority complex, and what's worse there are punters who go raves purely to see the MCs. However these raves are gonna be the same DJs smashing the same tunes in every set.

where is moose these days??

he used to be a classic early morining whineing/growling early morning end/fabric showman...

Used to do EOC etc. sometimes I think. It was all about his tash! Saw him at the last Homelands as well with Fabio. That was sick.

Back
Top Bottom