All this halal supermarket labelling malarky...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Moskit, May 9, 2014.

1. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

The amount of ignorance people are spewing is fascinating.

This is what i want to do to people that complain about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Agent Smith likes this.
  3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Last time I checked we lived in a Christian country?

Imagine moving to a country that generally eats Halal meat and demanding that they change the way they kill animals just so that the minority are happy. It wouldn't happen...

4. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Isnt halal meat generally better quality?

5. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I would have thought the majority of the population are atheists or something of the sort.

As long as the animals are slaughtered as quickly and painlessly as possible then I don't care.

Don't want the animals frightened or stressed when they die as it makes the meat taste acidic.

Moskit likes this.
  6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

90% of Halal meat is killed in exactly the same way as normal meat. The only difference is an Iman prays over it.

Normal slaughter houses cut the animals throats after stunning as well, how else did people think they were killed? They are hardly going to fill meat we are meant to eat with lethal injections etc.

If you object to animal suffering become a vegetarian.

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

a dude at work told me about this place in america where they take the beef cattle theyre going to chop, they lead it into a cage, guy stands on top of cage and shoots the animal in the brain with a shotgun. thats their way of putting the animal down, as that chigur spike gun just wont penetrate, and bleeding the animal is dangerous for the personnel and... its not the best word to use right here, but, barbaric. bit like one of them lobster restaurants. could be im getting the concepts mixed up, and it wasnt a restaurant, but the standing on the cage and shooting the animal in the head with a shotgun is real. which i find pretty funny haha. that was your best idea? imagine that meeting: ORDER ORDER. MMM OK SO WE NEED A WAY OF PUTTING THE CATTLE DOWN BEFORE EATING THEM, DOES ANYONE.... have a suggestion, cos i tried hitting one with my truck and that wasnt ideal for the customers.
    cleatus? ike? ah, yes, jethro?

8. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

HALAL, IS IT MEAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

[​IMG]

9. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

dont hate man…halal is cheaper and is better quality than the own brand shit they sell. Halalmeatfam

Moskit likes this.
  10. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

they don't eat bacon, wear dresses and tea towels and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously.

the mccans are guilty & worms make good house pets

bn14 likes this.
  11. logikz

bill stickers is innocent, raise your fist and shout "to funny! (and beyond)" if were meming aj

12. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I object to animals suffering, i want them dead and in ma belly asap.

13. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

well tbh if i was being harvested for slaughter i would definitely prefer an insant death while being relaxed. Its not the standard, but i know there are farmers who do it that way, theyre just harder to find. Meats better quality too.

14. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

frankly if i was being harvested for slaughter i'd be pretty pissed off regardless of how it was happening.

possibly i should have said undue suffering as opposed to just suffering in general.

15. logikz

oh yeah, like foix gras farmers that are ethical and kind towards the animal. that is a contradiction if i ever heard one

16. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

yeah, i agree. then it brings up the whole argument of us being "intelligent" and them being not, and how it matters less because of that yadayadayada... Its tough one for me and am happy to sit on the fence, but the fact is mass slaughter is how we roll and will continue to be so. "They live to survive, we dont" kinda thing.
    i was just trying to put some realistic perspective on the matter. We are meat eaters and will always be, so i try to be as morally decent as i can.

17. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

Halal and Kosher killing methods should be banned, full stop, imo.

its utter nonsense that Halal meat is better quality, infact the adrenaline that is released during these kinds of killings makes the meat tough, and I have yet to come across a single piece of ''free range'' Halal meat, that means they grow up in a cage or an overcrowded shed, they live a shit life and die a horrible death. no religon has the right to inflict suffering on any animal, and any that think they do can go jump.

the claim that most Halal meat is stunned before killing is also misleading, major supermarket suppliers do tend to adhere to that practice, but that is not true of most, the Halal Food Authority specifically prohibits stunning of animals before slaughter, and in the UK, with our history of animal welfare and protection, I cant believe it is allowed at all.

buy organic, free range, British meat only, that way you are guaranteed that the animal lived a good life, and died a pain-free and stress free death.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  18. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I don't think you can gurantee it lived a good life/had a pain free death to be fair...

We couldn't even be sure what was horse & what wasn't...

Anywho, i pretty much get halal meat all the time, its tasty as fuck...

I think anybody reading into this as "isn't this a christian country dem muzlams takin over" forget that all the supermarkets care about is profit & they will do anything to maximise that.

I live in the countryside so i minimise my supermarket purchases to things i can't get from an independant source, guess i'm lucky in that sense...

Also lucky enough to not be so naieve to believe the supermarkets are doing this & "worse".

If people are that pissed off, sue the fuckers.

19. logikz

evolution teaches us some animals actually evolved to be eaten by others, herbivores for example feel very little pain. this is so that they wont be that bothered when getting eaten alive. dont know if you know this but most predator animals eat their prey just as long as its incapacitated and cant run, they dont give a flying fuck about if its dead or not.

not such a pretty picture any more, is it, on the savanne, the lions (tigers?) eating the antilopes, the big one focusing on the belly. a very common nature doco image, and its to give you an idea about how nature is nature, tigers arent evil for eating other animals etc.

cept they dont bother to kill their prey, and eat them alive. what does that say about nature, is my question. is nature evil. chaos reigns. the forest is my throne. and women in particular.
    just remember that antilope is dying one of the most horrible deaths conceivable.

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member