ALL PRODUCERS/ENGINEERS/ARTISTS: PLEASE VOTE

PRODUCERS/ARTIST/ENGINEERS/VOTE FOR MASTER ONE OR MASTER TWO ARTIFICIAL SKIN ☆ BCNo.⓽ ☆

• I PREFER MASTER ONE BECAUSE…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I PREFER MASTER TWO BECAUSE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

BC#9

HI I just finished my third remix from London Electricity’s most currant release “Are we there yet” The only stem I used was the vocal stem for each remix. Also the timing was not even close so I had to put many hours into flexing and strecthing the vocals to work in my new effort. Also I’m never happy when stems come as 3-4 track stacks in one stem and you have to deal with over used fx on them like phasers, flangers and so forth, My answer is i just won’t use any stems other than the vocal stem. I believe when you remix a track you should start with a clean slate and show some homage to the original out of respect but you should then move forward by writing a completely new song. If someone wants to hear the original they will listen to it. When I have remixed, covered and rewrote songs in the past most of the original artists have been pleased and vocal about it. I have released my own covers of organic music over the last two years I have covered the Decembrists I dreamt I was an Architect, Modern English Melt with you, The National Without Permission and more. All officially released on iTunes . Now moving forward just as important as the remix’x mix is the mastering process. I joined the DNB Forum just last month. I posted my latest remix Of London Electricity;s Artificial skin and had it mastered by a mastering house in the south of London, England that I have been working with for years. A member of the forum Nik said he thought my remix was “Dope” and that he would remaster it for no cost. Nik said if I liked it to please consider him in the future for mastering. To say after sending the song to Nik and purposely leaving some levels too high on the bass frequency … Nik not only caught them , corrected them and wrote me a detailed explanation of all his tweaks he performed to achieve his goal in the mastering process. The new master blew me away. I will now be sending all my tracks to Nik @
www.Amethyst-Audio.co.uk studios. Please take a moment and vote on master 1 or 2. Lastly this new opportunity would have never come to pass if I hadn’t joined the forum. Thanks to everyone and I’m new here so I look forward to meeting more people that love DNB as much as I do. ☆ BCNo.⓽ ☆

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom