All new DNBforum World event listings service - Please read!

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#1
Finally got round to creating an all new events listing page.

If you know anyone who promotes events, submits events listings to web sites, DJs or MCs at an event, please get them to come online and submit the details.

If your country is not listed, please post it in this thread and we'll add it as soon as possible.

This is version 1 of probably many events listing scripts, so I'll be working on this one in the background whenever I get the chance. However, the basics are now in place so we can start promoting it.

Find it here; http://dnbforum.com/forums/events.php

If you have any comments, ideas, suggestions about this new service from DNBforum, please post it in this thread.

Thank you ;]
 

inf0r

/!\ Dainjah /!\
VIP Junglist
Messages
582
Likes
0
#3
sdm said:
Finally got round to creating an all new events listing page.

If you know anyone who promotes events, submits events listings to web sites, DJs or MCs at an event, please get them to come online and submit the details.

If your country is not listed, please post it in this thread and we'll add it as soon as possible.

This is version 1 of probably many events listing scripts, so I'll be working on this one in the background whenever I get the chance. However, the basics are now in place so we can start promoting it.

Find it here; http://dnbforum.com/forums/events.php

If you have any comments, ideas, suggestions about this new service from DNBforum, please post it in this thread.

Thank you ;]
Keep pulling tricks out of yer sleeve innit bro! How about regionalising (tm inf0r) ;) the England part? Gonna get pretty full and hard to sift thru soon enough, might get confusing too (Sanctuary in B'ham and MK) if ya know what I mean..

Massive props to ya tho, site has come a long way since the plain white background days, bigup yaself & the rest of zee crew :)
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#4
Re: Re: All new DNBforum World event listings service - Please read!

inf0r said:
Keep pulling tricks out of yer sleeve innit bro! How about regionalising (tm inf0r) ;) the England part? Gonna get pretty full and hard to sift thru soon enough, might get confusing too (Sanctuary in B'ham and MK) if ya know what I mean..

Massive props to ya tho, site has come a long way since the plain white background days, bigup yaself & the rest of zee crew :)
I was going to do that but then it would confuse the rest of the worlds listings.

In the address input, we ask users to input a Town/City so having two venues the same name wouldnt be a problem.

However, maybe I could split the town/county/state thing up. Then it can be ordered!

Something for version 2 perhaps!
 

Jerel

Yer mom
Messages
66
Likes
0
#5
One question

Are the events gonna end up disappearing after they take place? If not, yer gonna end up with one huge list of past events, which really doesn't help anyone.
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#6
Re: One question

Jerel said:
Are the events gonna end up disappearing after they take place? If not, yer gonna end up with one huge list of past events, which really doesn't help anyone.
Yeah they will magically disappear!

It's just for forthcoming events.

I spent some time on it tonight. You can now sort by event name, date, and town/city.

I also fixed a few bugs, and coding typos ;]
 

inf0r

/!\ Dainjah /!\
VIP Junglist
Messages
582
Likes
0
#8
Re: Re: Re: All new DNBforum World event listings service - Please read!

sdm said:
I was going to do that but then it would confuse the rest of the worlds listings.

In the address input, we ask users to input a Town/City so having two venues the same name wouldnt be a problem.

However, maybe I could split the town/county/state thing up. Then it can be ordered!

Something for version 2 perhaps!
Safe! Maybe a later option for users to discuss the event before it happens (ie who's going?) And maybe reviews after?

Maybe summat else for v2?
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#9
Re: Re: Re: Re: All new DNBforum World event listings service - Please read!

Hah! Stop telling every one my ideas! :D

I was going to link each event with a thread in the comments forum. I'll prolly get that done during the week when I create the admin panel for it.

Bigup Will ;]
 

inf0r

/!\ Dainjah /!\
VIP Junglist
Messages
582
Likes
0
#10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All new DNBforum World event listings service - Please read!

sdm said:
Hah! Stop telling every one my ideas! :D

I was going to link each event with a thread in the comments forum. I'll prolly get that done during the week when I create the admin panel for it.

Bigup Will ;]
Pffft, what can I say? Great minds think alike? :)

I try and keep abreast of our local nights, so I dare say I'll be whacking loads of shit on there.

As the song goes... Keep it - keep it - keep it - keep it comin'!
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#11
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All new DNBforum World event listings service - Please read!

inf0r said:
Pffft, what can I say? Great minds think alike? :)

I try and keep abreast of our local nights, so I dare say I'll be whacking loads of shit on there.

As the song goes... Keep it - keep it - keep it - keep it comin'!
Bad boy, excellent mang!
 
Top