All Mc's.....

McObscene357

Have you ever had troubles cyphering other peoples lyrics only to find that your own make since...I have had the hardest of times catching other peoples riffs , but I still manage to bust out time 2 time...Any help would be duly appreciated thanx...

As an emcee myself i dont really ever have problems hearing mcs lyrics unless the audio is of such poor quality, mayb being from the US means you cannot decyper UK mcs slang as it is quite generic of just the UK and outsiders maybe cannot grasp the comparasions they make in their lyrics and so on...But if u are talkin bout your fellow american MCs ten maybe the problem is u r trying to listen to hard and should maybe chill out bun sum weed and try and just take the music as it is with an MC over the top and it might become clearer for u to hear????I dont know try it hope this helps... :smash:

no bro cant say i have that problem , bit of advise , go hot potato 4 a few minutes , that makes you concentrate more on the other guys lyrics and they start to sound clearer , unless they are talking bollox of course ! lol , peace

I dont usually have much problem folowing MCs be them UK US RAGGA whatever.

I have a bit of a DANCEHALL background so I completely UNDERSTAND MCs like NAVIGATOR.

I wish he did more stuff...I loved his MIXED LIVE set w/ AK1200

I also have a set of him w/ FRICTION & SP from the 1XTRA TOUR in Brighton BLAZIN'.

Josh B

Im down for a battle too...where?

Only thing is I don't like text battles...too much time to think your shit up.

I've text battled on wutangcorp.com....check the "temple of darts" and search phrasedefina if you want to read them.

Posting lyrics on the web is probably the best way to get them stolen by some scavanging lowlife imo, not a very good idea........

u shud be able to hear a gud MC loud & clear if the levels r correct! most MCs chat shit anyway its all bout REAL lyrics, about sumthing thats real - like Dynamite.....not JUST keeping it lively, of course thats part of the job too tho- just hate these MCs that do that all the time- and id neva post ne lyrics on the net

yeah was thinking more 'bout posting audio files than lyrix just written down... and totally agree, MCs should have proper lyrics that hit hard, not just party chatter...

It depends what you listen to drum & bass for!

there are so many different types of drum & bass people need to realise!!!! dnb is like house music, look how many different types there are. For me its not what music or 'beat' its what style. Even heavy a lot of heavy metal has 174 BPM DnB Beat structure, but a different style, i think thats a realy important way of lookiong at music.....

For me when it comes to mc's of course i like to know that the mc in front of me has loads of lyrical skill, but at the end of the day it doesnt come down to that unless your listening to a tape. MCing didnt come from people trying to say the most technical lyrics in the most technical way. it came from DJ sets needing that little bit extra to keep the gurning crowd in check, to keep them interested in whats goin on. when an mc gives you joke on the mic youll remember it and it will engage you that bit more, when an mc says his best lyric youll either hear it and forget it or youll be to fucked to tell what he's saying! And if there are people out there reading this thinking WTF! look at any of the top MC's, not many of them are writing new lyrics all the time, most of their lyrics suck, but we still love em. Take MC FEARLESS for example "iVE GOT MORE FLAVOUR THAN A PACK OF GOLDEN WONDER" or BOOM BOOM BOOM say ' BOOM SELECTA'. i mean if you were to write that down youd probably chuck it in the bin! ITS NOT WHAT YOU SAY ITS HOW! YOU SAY IT!!!!!

when making lyrics get the crowd hyping in, fluent flow and dont worry if you think it sounds crap, just get all your ideas on paper and see what happens. What i do is i have a fat smoke on my own, stick on a heavy tune on repeat (so as not to mix up the style of the lyric) write down litteraly whatever comes into your head keep going for half an hour or so, more if your getting into it..... by the time ive finished its usualy a bit dodgey, but try and do it whaever you can, (everyday) after a while you'd built up loads of stuff, incorporate all ya rhymes together and you'll find you've got a lyric to rival anyone!

peace & luuuurve!

Back
Top Bottom