All in One Controllers

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
So my buddy who I taught to mix is now living in Australia and desperate to get himself some sort of set up.

I feel the best option for him would be one of the all in one deck/mixer setups but I don't really have any idea about what ones are good.

Anyone got anything they can recommend? Looking for the cheapest thing possible without being a piece of shit. I've had a very brief look and come across the Pioneer XDJ-R1. Thoughts? Is it recommended to go pioneer in this situation or is anyone else making a tidy piece of kit?

Cheers peeps.

XDJ-R1 is a bit pricey is it not? obviously much cheaper than two CDJ's and a mixer, but would using something like a DDJ SR be acceptable? I'm assuming they're just using it to get to grips with DJing a little better, in which case an XDJ-R1 might be a little too much of an investment as opposed to a laptop and DDJ SR combo.

I use the numark mixtrack pro 3 I think it was around £150, I have no latency issues at all, it's got a decent effect section and even some beat pads to put samples on and use for looping and 4 different cue points, the pitch sliders are really good as well and respond to even the lightest bit of movement, doesnt feel like cheap plastic either, all in all really good bit of kit for the price and excellent if your just starting

Back
Top Bottom