ALL I NEED -- track up for 'feedybacky ... (*][~)

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
Last edited:
Sounds sick bruv! Only i feel like the vocals are overdone in the intro :/
Also lower the volume the vocal in the first part of the drop so it fits more intro the mix.

Sounds sick bruv! Only i feel like the vocals are overdone in the intro :/
Also lower the volume the vocal in the first part of the drop so it fits more intro the mix.

thanks for super quick feedback :2thumbs:
vocals intro: just volume down? or less vocal elements?
first drop part? all vocals down or only specific ones?
everything else balanced enough?

Sounds wicked mate!
yeah, cut down on the amount of vocal you use in the intro (Ooo & ahh)
Drums sound cool I think they might be a little low in the mix for me.
Bass sound is cool as well.
Where is the vocal from?

Ben

Sounds wicked mate!
yeah, cut down on the amount of vocal you use in the intro (Ooo & ahh)
Drums sound cool I think they might be a little low in the mix for me.
Bass sound is cool as well.
Where is the vocal from?

Ben

Hi Ben, long time no hear... how have u been mate??
Thanks for ur input, will look at the intro, same as newcaise suggests. Will look at the drum bus too, turned it down quite a bit as it was too loud in previous versions. The vox are from some pack, I need to check on source ... I usually throw stuff into my library to avoid looking too much on sources when searching for matching elements ;)
Everything else ok with this track?
Too empty? Should I add synths elements?
Does the track sound too bright??
Cheers man !

Yo machine Maschinistom !

Liking this track brother !

Intro wise : Loving those vocals and the piano melody, I'd love to hear a splash of reverb on the piano (that's just personal preference) I think if there was more drum elements in the intro (maybe just some hats or a low pass drumline build up) it would have a little more structure to the intro !

Main hook : I feel like the bassline could do without the mid bass (maybe take the track in a full on liquid number, some strings + sax hits with reverb, this is just my personal preference) I think it has potential to be a really smooth liquidy number.

Drums : I like these a lot, they sound perfect on my monitors (particularly fond of the percussive hits throughout)

Overall I like this track a lot, I think with just more background atmospherics and maybe more of a rolling drum line (minus a few edits) it would be on point for me !

Mixdown wise : sounds clean ! (mid bass does come through a bit strong in parts 4:03 for example)

Hope this helps !

If you could feedback me also that would be great https://dnbforum.com/threads/chapter-11-meditations-liquid-wip.198171/

Intro wise : Loving those vocals and the piano melody, I'd love to hear a splash of reverb on the piano (that's just personal preference) I think if there was more drum elements in the intro (maybe just some hats or a low pass drumline build up) it would have a little more structure to the intro !

Main hook : I feel like the bassline could do without the mid bass (maybe take the track in a full on liquid number, some strings + sax hits with reverb, this is just my personal preference) I think it has potential to be a really smooth liquidy number.

Drums : I like these a lot, they sound perfect on my monitors (particularly fond of the percussive hits throughout)

Overall I like this track a lot, I think with just more background atmospherics and maybe more of a rolling drum line (minus a few edits) it would be on point for me !

Mixdown wise : sounds clean ! (mid bass does come through a bit strong in parts 4:03 for example)

Hope this helps !

If you could feedback me also that would be great https://dnbforum.com/threads/chapter-11-meditations-liquid-wip.198171/

Hi! This is a very detailed and truly helpful feedback, bro! I agree to most of points and will look at those. Thanks!! Won't turn this track into pure liquid, I aim for making another point than liquid vibe with this one. Glad this track is to ur liking though ! :2thumbs:

PS: I reviewed ur track as u suggested. Think u r doing the right thing here ... we all should be more active in this forum section. Big up!!

Hi Ben, long time no hear... how have u been mate??
Thanks for ur input, will look at the intro, same as newcaise suggests. Will look at the drum bus too, turned it down quite a bit as it was too loud in previous versions. The vox are from some pack, I need to check on source ... I usually throw stuff into my library to avoid looking too much on sources when searching for matching elements ;)
Everything else ok with this track?
Too empty? Should I add synths elements?
Does the track sound too bright??
Cheers man !

Yeah I'm good thanks mate, haven't been so active on here been cranking out loads of tunes!
I quite like the simplicity, for me the rest of the track is cool. maybe the drums could do with taming some of the high frequencies or adding more upper low mids, its hard to say.
Quite a nice vocal for a sample pack :)

Ben

Yeah I'm good thanks mate, haven't been so active on here been cranking out loads of tunes!
I quite like the simplicity, for me the rest of the track is cool. maybe the drums could do with taming some of the high frequencies or adding more upper low mids, its hard to say.
Quite a nice vocal for a sample pack :)

Ben

Cheers Ben, I know u ve been very active releasing lots of tracks.. well on u! Appreciate ur feedback.. will look at the drums again...special thanks for ur comment on simplicity. I used to load my tracks with elements way too much, trying simpler songs these days .. not easy at times. Big up Ben! :2thumbs:

Piano is really cool in the intro! Snare sounds a bit bright though imo, but the vocal is really fitting. The other feedback has already showed some other points which you seem to already have edited. Drums sound great, but maybe you can pan some percussion so it sounds abit more wide. Very unique tune tho as always from your side haha.

Nice tune mate the vibe is really cool the flow of the drums with the bass also i would try to sample some of your bass out of your synth and crash them again filter distor chor strech whatever and then layer these stabs und your bass for more variation of the bass and a better flow you can really do cool stuff this way maybee a little notch filter in the upper mids of the bassline would sound nice. But great work!!!!

Piano is really cool in the intro! Snare sounds a bit bright though imo, but the vocal is really fitting. The other feedback has already showed some other points which you seem to already have edited. Drums sound great, but maybe you can pan some percussion so it sounds abit more wide. Very unique tune tho as always from your side haha.

Hey jordy, welcome back! Glad ur digging this one. :2thumbs: Do u think edit #2 still sounds clean enough? I'm not sure ... :confused:
PS: the 'snare chief' has spoken! :D

Nice tune mate the vibe is really cool the flow of the drums with the bass also i would try to sample some of your bass out of your synth and crash them again filter distor chor strech whatever and then layer these stabs und your bass for more variation of the bass and a better flow you can really do cool stuff this way maybee a little notch filter in the upper mids of the bassline would sound nice. But great work!!!!

Thanks Greg, appreciate ur suggestions. Not sure u listened to edit2 in full, there is lots of modulation in the 3 bass lines going on. No pattern should sound the same, just similar. I agree, some variations are subtle. I used to load my tracks way too much and trying a more minimalistic approach these days. Thanks for ur input mate!!

Tom-san! wicked vibe track! :) loving the vocal, lovely.
I think every elements are solid and clear!

where do you get the vocalists?

Hope this helps !

This sums it up for me! Good work man really cool track

Back
Top Bottom