All Crews... any read/reading/never heard of it?

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
Just been lent the 'remixed' version of 'all crews'... essentially a history of the progression from acid house of the illegal rave days to jungle to jungle drum and bass (JDB) to the two sepearte factions of 'jungle' and 'dnb'...

started reading it yesterday and fuck me running it's good! really interesting to hear bout the founders of our music... and the fact most of them started their careers before i was even conceived, let alone born!

thoroughly recomend it to any drum and bass fan!

also makes you realise the hard work, blood, sweat and tears that went into making drum and bass what it is today... and how the youth (including me) have little or now respect for this!

Read this a few years ago, a wicked book. Wish there were more books like this to read, couldn't put it down (y)

yeah i been wanting to read this for ages now, always forget to buy it when i get money,
might stick a big fuck off sign on my door right now saying "Buy All Crews You Forgetful Motherfucker!"

yes yes yes, reading this book now. highly recommend it to everyone on the forum. literally buy it. you will love it, it's full of people stories like sum chap talking about his night when he ended up sneaking through a window @telepathy back in the day and then sum guy pulls out a blade and starts cuttin everyone up on the dance floor.. seems crazy back in the jungle days.
also he describes seeing andy c do a set at the end way back. cant recommend enuff!!!

bought it and lent it my m8
i don't get much reading done lol
it needs an update but its a good read..what i've read lol

Back
Top Bottom