All change at Radio 1

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

All change at Radio 1

Veteran dance DJ Dave Pearce is to leave BBC Radio 1 after 13 years as part of a late-night schedule shakeup.

Pearce, who currently hosts the Dance Anthems shows on Friday nights, exits the station along with fellow DJ Eddie Halliwell, who joined in 2006.

He is replaced by fellow Radio 1 DJ Judge Jules, who switches slots, while Halliwell's show will be taken over by DJ Kissy Sell Out.

In his 13 years at Radio 1, Pearce also hosted the early breakfast show, filling in for Chris Evans when he presented the breakfast show, and fronted BBC2's Behind The Beat and ITV1 series Dance Years.

The Radio 1 head of programmes, Ben Cooper, said the changes would help the station "champion the very best in new music and new DJ talent".

Pearce, a former DJ on London stations Kiss and GLR, said: "It's been an incredible 13 years at Radio 1, of all the shows I've presented Dance Anthems is the one I'm most proud of creating and I am delighted that even in our recent late night slot we increased audience.

"It's time to move on but I have some exciting new radio projects to come."

In other changes to the station's music output, which will come into effect in October, Kutski gets a new hard dance and hardcore show at 1am on Saturday morning.

Kutsi will be followed by another new show, 1Xtra DJ MistaJam's 1Xtra Mixtape, at 3am.

Kissy Sell Out, with a jump-up rock and rave show, replaces Halliwell at midnight on Thursdays, while newcomers Heidi Van den Amstel and Jaymo & Andy George join the rota of presenters on the In New DJs We Trust slot at 2am on Friday mornings.

Both Kutski and Kissy Sell Out have previously hosted Radio 1's In New DJs We Trust.

Tim Westwood's Saturday show is being extended by an hour, to run from 9am to 1pm, and will include reggae dancehall DJ Goldfinger.

Cooper said: "Radio 1 is here to champion the very best in new music and new DJ talent and I believe that these schedule changes mean we can continue to do this even more effectively.

"Kissy, Kutski and MistaJam are DJs who are completely passionate about the music they play and the audience they play to. I'm really happy that they will now all have their own regular shows.

"Our newest recruits Heidi Van den Amstel, Jaymo and Andy George are a fantastic addition to the In New DJs We Trust lineup. I'd also like to thank both Dave and Eddie for their commitment to Radio 1 and wish them all the very best for the future."

2. DJHaze

DJHaze I've been naughty, I'm banned

yet still no room for any dnb

cunts.

3. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

*scratchs head*

u must be missing fabs and groove show then plus bailey and crissy criss on 1 x ... thats pretty good going if you dont mind me saying for the worlds number 1 commercil station ... and considering the following of dnb you think is big !! compared to other forms of urban or electronic is little ,.. and how much negative talk goes on with in the dnb scene as wanting to be known as underground music elitist etc is a joke as you all cry out for it to be more on commercil radio ? ...... figure that !!!

:| :hagglers:

4. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah + Nerm & D-Code are part of the In New DJ's We Trust rotation, which considering Radio 1 has a responsibility to appeal to a wide target audience aint too bad...

Interesting that Dave Pierce is out after all this time, I guess his brand of upfront "Dance Anthems" is a little out of touch with today really... and besides they've still got Judge Jules...

I see Westwood is going nowhere though (insert the bomb here) http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/westwood/soundboard.shtml

5. robhicks1

robhicks1 Nuts about Zoo

D Code is wicked too. I listened to a mix of his and ive got his
    isolation ep:)

6. DJHaze

if you spent less time inspecting pants and more time reading what the thread actually says you will notice that the thread is about radio 1

not 1 xtra
    not 5 live

RADIO 1
    so therefore you ranting on about all of dem mans that play on 1xtra was pointless and stupid.

plzzzzzzzzzzz.

7. DJHaze

and grooveriders in dubai eating cock meat sandwiches in the slammer.

8. DJHaze

AND its come to my attention that you yourself made this thread, are you that retarded?

rant over.

9. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

don't care...

10. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

1xtra is good for dnb..... crissy, bailey and now jorden v.
    radio1 is alright for dnb, if you're up at 2am on a sunday morning? um, no. k. thx. bye. x

11. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

bye x :teeth: