alix perez

from what i heard on chem records this 1984 album is not for me personally,nothing standoutish,just a mediocre album,i checked it out cuz of the hype on here bout it.hardly going to ignite the scene but would be fine on your i pod or something.

Spunks over subfocus album. For starters its all fresh material which i havent heard for the last year in clubs. Love the experimental stuff on it with Zero t, Sabre & Lynx. 1984 is the best on on the album for me. Pretty much sums up the album.

from what i heard on chem records this 1984 album is not for me personally,nothing standoutish,just a mediocre album,i checked it out cuz of the hype on here bout it.hardly going to ignite the scene but would be fine on your i pod or something.

i agree mate, not enough impact with the songs, altho i do really like the down the line vinyl, this album isnt dark enough for me!

mmm i didnt really think WOW when i first heard it either, i think my expectations are always set to high. its a good album n ill buy it none the less, but noting major stood out.

Edit: saying that, ive only heard clips off chemical, might take a few listens on CD/Vinyl to get me going.

Pretty tight album I have to say. Like the fact that it has a kind of fluidity to it and frum the first track to the last it progressess nicely switching styles as it goes along. Really liking his take on liquid really soothing but nice & upbeat at the same time. I highly rate this album and anyone who is a fan of the liquidy/minimal sound that he amongst other artists like spectrasoulhave made popular over the last few years shant be dissappointed. The only thing I don't like about this album is the collab with Foreign Beggars...their vocals have no place on that track IMHO. A dub version would set it off for me. Great artwork too, Shogun is on top game other labels beware!

i love the vocals of foreign beggars, reminds me of looptroop..
i expected more of his rolling liquid stuff on the album.. like stray,vanguard... on the album there is only one new tune called contradictions as i know..
i was hoping different vibe in this album.. its too deep & experimental.. but not im not dissapointed.

to deadaelus, yea i meant 1984 lp, i think its pretty sick. the kick drums are phat as.
i liked the sub focus album too but to be honest i prefer the alix perez because its a bit more varied

Back
Top Bottom