Alix Perez mixing at Boiler Room

invisible

Intresting approach and it looks like a fun way to do things in a little bit different way...

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some massive tunes in there.

Anyone playing all this new 170 shit well gets a thumbs up in my book.

Selection is absolutely on point. Not sure tho why he uses that controller, can't really hear what you couldn't do with a mixer and 2 (3) cdj's.

Hmmmm i just dont get it tbh, if your gunna play glitchy hip hop beats its not Drum and Bass, even if its on 170bpm. Drum and Bass in my mind is all about the roll and energy, I wouldnt call it evolution of the genre either this type of stuff has been around not that i have anything against the beats as they are heavy, just dont fully get it. Ive seen D&B go through the stages from early days and its all about the energy it brings prersonally

didnt really like this set downloaded it as a podcast didnt realise he was playing on a APC or what eva that is

Hmmmm i just dont get it tbh, if your gunna play glitchy hip hop beats its not Drum and Bass, even if its on 170bpm. Drum and Bass in my mind is all about the roll and energy, I wouldnt call it evolution of the genre either this type of stuff has been around not that i have anything against the beats as they are heavy, just dont fully get it. Ive seen D&B go through the stages from early days and its all about the energy it brings prersonally

As a statement thats fine, but what is the problem with playing stuff that isn't Drum and Bass?

nobody said it was drum and bass though, its just music (easy to describe by tempo) really

As a statement thats fine, but what is the problem with playing stuff that isn't Drum and Bass?

No absolutly nothing wrong atall i think the tracks are heavy but i wouldnt want to hear a whole set of it, It relates in context with the night, if it was a DNB night and Alex Parez was booked as a DNB DJ, if he was booked to play an alternative set its different.

There was talk that its classed as a sub genre of Drum and Bass and thats what i dont 100% agree with, no offence to the tracks and Parez as there is no doubt hes a bad man in the studio and on the decks and its outside the box thinking which needs to happen, but i prefer him dropping a Drum a set :D

is that tune before 'tnght - higher ground' a remix of the jehst collab?

sick set in my eyes btw so much 85bpm shit thats right up my alleyway

fine for stuff like boiler room or for when he's booked to do alternative sets.

if he did this at a night that was dnb i'd be a bit annoyed personally.

Can someone please attempt a tracklist? Love this mix but recognize zero tunes except marka

I really liked this mix. Really versatile & different. Would have really enjoyed having a rave to this if he turned up at a night & played that set.

Can someone please attempt a tracklist? Love this mix but recognize zero tunes except marka

Will have a go but it will be lots of blanks with the odd few tunes in there for others to chip in. Italics are from what people have contributed on youtube.

?? (apparently ARP101)
??
Two Fingers - Fools Rhythm
??
??
??
??
??
??
??
TNGHT - Higher Ground
??
Dub Phizix, Skeptical & Strategy - Marka
??
Manni Dee - Heatwave
Rockwell - ?? (juke tune)
Fracture & Dawn Day Night - Get Busy
??
EAN - Aulderkincher / Kanye West - Mercy
Danny Scrilla - x

??
??
Mutated Forms - Look What You Have Done
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix ft Frank Carter III - Oblique vip
Dub Phizix, Skeptical & T-Man - Run It Like The President
Jubei - Say Nothing (Rockwell rmx)
Om Unit - Light Workers Call (Feat Kromestar)
Blackpocket - Ur A Sta (dBridge rmx)

Alix Perez ?? ft Jehst and Foreign Beggars ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom