Alix Perez LP 2. Any info?

So where the fuck were Blueprint and Shadows? There are what I wanted. Guess I'm gonna have to bag the vinyl for them then.

I just checked this album out from a free download page. Those two were 2 out of the 3 good DnB songs on the album. Without those, this is more of a steaming pile of crap.

I feel like theirs too much of a grime/rap/gansta vibe over powering the dnb side of it, Personally it's not for me so I'm not going to buy it but I think it's unfair to call it a steaming pile of crap because he seems pretty adamant in his interviews hes made this style because it's what he felt he needed to make for himself not just making it to appease the heads.

really feeling this, got the vinyl and cd without even realising shadows and blueprint weren't on the full lp which is quite nice. the more experimental bits are top class, crystals / chroma chords / broken heart / burn out all wicked. even growing to love d.ablo's vocals which i thought were a bit whiney at first!

reading the comments in the loadstar album thread about it not sounding like an actual album, well chroma chords certainly does. much respect to perez for that

really feeling this, got the vinyl and cd without even realising shadows and blueprint weren't on the full lp which is quite nice. the more experimental bits are top class, crystals / chroma chords / broken heart / burn out all wicked. even growing to love d.ablo's vocals which i thought were a bit whiney at first!

reading the comments in the loadstar album thread about it not sounding like an actual album, well chroma chords certainly does. much respect to perez for that

Have to agree with you. I didn't listen to the album at all before I bought it and from some of the comments, I was expecting it to be a bit crap. I was pleasantly surprised... It's not as soulful as 1984 but it works well as a more experimental album and one you can listen through from start to finish and thoroughly enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom