Alix Perez - 1985

Audio for all tracks:

Up on red eye also

Trinity is the pick of the bunch, but quickly loses what makes it special when it pans out. Heard Phantonym before and it sounds good but does the same. All are really well produced, but for me it's on par with that Nighthawks EP which I also didn't buy. No where near the Enchiridion or Numbers EP though.

Trinity is the pick of the bunch, but quickly loses what makes it special when it pans out. Heard Phantonym before and it sounds good but does the same. All are really well produced, but for me it's on par with that Nighthawks EP which I also didn't buy. No where near the Enchiridion or Numbers EP though.
Whoa whoa whoa

You didn’t like the Nighthawks EP???

:oops:

Whoa whoa whoa

You didn’t like the Nighthawks EP???

:oops:

Now I never said that. There's were a few times when I thought about picking up that EP and then I didn't. To me, Nighthawks and this are weaker than the other 2 Alix Eps on 1985. Clearly they are well produced, but tunes need to grab me these days and be special for me to buy them. Trinity sounds very boaty with flavours of what LSB did with Potshot and that acid bass line. The B sounds like Monty, and even he's lost what made him stand out on his last 1985 EP - TO ME! :teeth:

Submarine

Fate (EP)
No Sleep
Return Of Enel
Pastell

ONEF022 Expected 15 Nov 2019

sounding alright on first listen. Not bowled over by it though :-/

Submarine

Fate (EP)
No Sleep
Return Of Enel
Pastell

ONEF022 Expected 15 Nov 2019

sounding alright on first listen. Not bowled over by it though :-/
The only 1985 record I haven't bought is the first Submarine release, and this might be the second...They all sound like average tunes from other producers IMO (Icicle, Alix, Break, etc)...Might grow on me though

Really solid EP for me, all the tunes with very different, distinct drums. Return of Enel is naughty.

Enjoying Submarines stuff.

Monty sounding angry on this one, must not of gotten his New Years kiss :bat:

Monty sounding angry on this one, must not of gotten his New Years kiss :bat:

Or someone shat in his escargot.

Would make sense if Visages had a release lined up for the label, as they've featured a few times in some collabs on 1985 and had a slot in one of the recent online 1985 shows

FB_IMG_1583762449857.jpg

Cesco EP soon come. Not holding out any hope on this though. Probably all 160 stuff :-/

Back
Top Bottom